Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for a Material Planner for one of our clients
- Establish material requirements for Production Plans with the use of materials requirement planning planned orders.
- Monitor Stock levels and ensure material availability for current production requirements. Establish and maintain appropriate safety stock levels.
- Highlight material constraints that could impact production plans
- Communicate with suppliers on material requirement 12 month rolling forecasts monthly
- Rigorous inventory management monitoring
- Ensure management of obsolete materials
- New product introduction management i.e., phase in phase out of new stock keeping units (SKU) and old stock keeping unit (SKUs)
- Raise weekly purchase orders and call offs on time to suppliers based on planned requirements and materials requirement planning rhythm.
- Follow-up on supplier confirmation of purchase orders and shipments.
- Monitor shipments of all imported materials and take action when necessary to ensure timely arrival of material on site, thereby avoid disruption to production plans.
- Coordinate with internal logistics to ensure availability of all imported materials.
- Clear DCIW and own supplier statement of account.
- Establish requirements of specified packaging materials both local and imported based medium- term requirements.
- Place purchase orders and issue call offs according to production schedules.
- Liaise with suppliers on rejected materials or short shipped consignments.
- Lead monthly supplier reviews and ensure minutes are shared and closed
Coordinate on Sourcing issues
- Coordinate with planners / sourcing on new raw and packaging materials.
- Provide data to establish supplier performance rating.
Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Ensure materials requirement planning and call-off procedures are followed.
- Update materials requirement planning master data.
- Obtain information on minimum order quantity (MOQ) shipping and clearance lead-times and update planning information on SAP.
Provide necessary information and maintain necessary records to enable proper control of inventory and prices
- 26-week RM PM working file
- Working Capital reports
- Critical Material Report
- Purchase Order Report
- Slow moving obsoletes stock (SLOBS) list report
- Ensure adequate controls are in place for all demand planning workstreams
- Ensure standard operating procedures (SOPS) are up to date
- Ensure you have PBS license to operate as materials planner within 90 days of starting the role.
- Strong communications & negotiation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with an ability to make fact-based decisions.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships.
- Commitment to follow through with a high level of accountability.
- Willing to work in a high-performance group and ability to adjust to a constant changing environment.
- Autonomy in decision making and ability to back up decisions with supporting documentation.
- Proven ability to work within a team.
- Ability to take initiative and use determination to achieve positive results.
- Sense of urgency
- Financial and business acumen for Supply Chain
- Long term capacity planning
- Supply network planning
- Master production scheduling (MPS)
- Production scheduling
- Inventory Management
- SOP: Demand and supply reconciliation and optimization
- Constrained forecast building
- Materials requirements planning (MRP) and call off
- Developing and executing SC strategy aligned to business goals
- Project Management in Supply Chain
- Master Data lifecycle management
- Innovation Project Management
- Risk, resilience and quality in Supply Chain
- Stakeholder alignment
- Sourcing Capability Assessment
- Analyze and optimize Supply Chain performance to create value
- Building awareness and driving Unilever policies and standards for sustainability
- Planning Strategies
- Customer engagement and joint business planning
- Creating the consolidated unconstrained demand plan
- Operational warehouse management
- Managing customer service performance
- Generating the baseline forecast
- Event planning and market intelligence
- Distribution planning
- Cost and Capex management
- Creating a bespoke customer experience
- University Degree
- At least 1 Year experience of procuring local & imported materials and dealing with overseas suppliers
- High analytical skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Familiar with MRP systems (SAP)
- Should have good interpersonal
- FMCG Experience.
- SAP Experience (APO, BW, ECC).
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics and science
- APICS accreditation is an advantage.
- Experience with planning production of finished goods.
How to Apply:
Kindly send your CV to email@example.com by 14th May 2021 clearly marking the title – “Material Planner”.