The Centre for the Study of Adolescence is an independent non-partisan, non-profit organization established in 1988 working in the field of adolescent sexual and reproductive health including HIV/AIDS. CSA’s mandate is to advocate and implement policies and programs that enable young people to exercise choice, access to services and participate fully in activities that promote their health and well-being.
Overview of the project
Supporting Access for Adolescents to Integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health Services (Safire) is a four-year program (2018–2022) that aims at reducing morbidity and mortality associated with unintended pregnancies among girls (10 – 19 years of age) in Kenya and Nigeria. It will achieve this by improving girls’ access to quality Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) information and services, through addressing community barriers through stigma reduction and community referrals, and using existing technology such as social media and hotlines. For the adolescents, we employ the big sister model, where girls slightly past adolescence (18-24 years) dubbed big sisters, reach out to younger girls within their communities, using various mediums to offer SRHR information and refer for services to identified and trained health facilities referred to as vendor points. The program and interventions are informed by Human-Centered Design Research conducted in 2018 – 2019 to ensure our approach is based on innovative solutions informed by girls’ insights. The program is implemented in Bungoma, Uasin Gishu, and Kiambu Counties. CSA supports SAFIRE implementation in Kiambu County on the outskirts of Nairobi. To this end, CSA is seeking to recruit an M&E assistant to assist in monitoring of the project activities in the three project sites within Kiambu County (Juja/Thika & Ruiru).
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct data summaries as required and forward to the Project Officer and the M&E Officer to aid in program implementation and decision making.
- Work closely with the Project Officers, Project Assistants and M&E Officer to monitor and document seamless and effective implementation of the SAFIRE Project in the sub-Counties; leading to its success.
- Monitor the referral data to ensure all the referred cases are finalized
- Manage the client feedback from the referrals for the various services to the assigned vendors.
- Assist in conducting the weekly big sister/ vendor visits on data verification
- Lead data review in the weekly Big sister check-in meetings
- Organize and monitor schedules and see that project deadlines are met
- Monitoring all Child Protection cases by the child protection organization.
- Monitor the implementation of the SAFIRE Safeguarding Framework.
- Provide timely, detailed, complete and informative monthly and quarterly data reports based on the reporting timelines, templates and formats agreed upon.
- Ensure documentation of success stories as well as working closely with the Communication Assistant in developing the weekly articles and the monthly newsletter.
- Complete any necessary administrative tasks, such as research and correspondences
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Statistics/ Health Records/ Mathematics/Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognized institution.
- Good data management and Entry skills.
- Database design, maintenance and analysis with at least SPSS, STATA, EXCEL applications.
- Knowledge of records management procedures
- A good command of English and Kiswahili
- Strong documentation/report writing and communications skills.
- Training and project management skills
- Strong understanding of ASRHR programs, experience working in Reproductive Health programs will be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently with young people using all relevant approaches including social networking.
Please submit an application letter with detailed current CV indicating 3 references. Two of whom should have been direct Supervisors. Applications should be sent to
(Human Resource and Admin Manager: copying
indicating the job title in the subject line of your email.
The Administrative Manager
Centre for the Study of Adolescence
Mbaazi Avenue, Off Kingara Road, Lavington
P.O. Box 19329-00202, Nairobi
Closing Date : 6th June, 2021