Job Title: Mechanical / Civil Superintendent
Reports to: Construction Manager
Industry: Agriculture Hub-Under Oil and Gas Industry
Location: Various construction sites within Kenya
Middle: Responsible for implementing the monitoring and controlling tools and techniques on the project execution phase, and exercise authority to validate the project scope.
Overall Purpose of the Job: To monitoring / follow-up and control of the activities performed by contractors at the construction/fabrication site, from the initial construction up to the completion of the execution phase ensuring works are performed according to project specifications, budget and respecting all relevant QA/QC standards and HSE procedures and regulations.
- Timeliness and accuracy of construction progress monitor and control, provision of information, including contractor’s quantities executed and manpower.
- Assuring technical integrity of works and implementation of relevant HSE procedures according to standards and regulations.
- Assuring Construction Contractor and Vendors coordination.
- Assuring proper material control.
- Works progress certification.
- Accurately Report progress deviations.
- Monitoring construction activities are executed in accordance with project and schedule, highlighting deviations and suggesting possible solutions.
- Monitoring construction activities progress, and quantities executed by contractor for Civil, Piping, Mechanical, Structural, Architectural works.
- Verifying construction works compliance with Contract scope of works, project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinating interfaces between Vendors and Construction Contractor.
- Coordinating supervision team and third-party authorities/stakeholders visits and audits.
- Monitor and Control Mechanical Completion activities executed on site.
- Certifying Work Progress and relevant quantities – daily/weekly/monthly.
- Elaborate weekly construction progress report validated with the project base lines for communicating to the Project Management.
- Lead the site construction meetings between company and contractor.
- Review and comment specific site procedures and work practices as necessary to meet project requirements.
- Provide construction input to resolve site constructability problems using technical knowledge and experience.
- Ensure construction works are executed following the correct HSE procedures for risk mitigation and safe work execution. Report to Project Management any near miss, unsafe act, and incident.
- Candidate must have Civil Engineering / technical degree
- 5 years of experience in the Construction industry.
- 5 years of construction coordination and supervision experience.
- Fluent knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of the local language (if required)
Training and Courses
- Energy Surface Production Facilities
- Concrete Application
- Structural Appraisal
- Piping Fabrication, Installation and Testing
- Mechanical Rotating Equipment Installation
- Mechanical Static Equipment Installation
- Welding Principles
- Quantity Survey
- Heavy Lifting
- Engineering and Construction Management
- HSE Hazard Identification
Required knowledge, technical or professional skills
Professional Role general knowledge
- Construction Supervision
- Construction Works
- Mechanical Completion
- Construction Plan & Monitoring
Knowledge from other Prof. Areas
- HSE Principles and Systems
- Quality Control
Specific knowledge, technical or professional skills
- Experienced on civil construction works such as Excavation, Concrete Foundation, Structures Erection,
- Experienced on Mechanical Vendor Package installation coordination.
- Knowledge on Civil, Mechanical and Piping Quality Control, Knowledge on welding of structural elements.
- HSE Risk Analysis and Job Safety Analysis.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th September 2021.
Clearly indicate the exact position (Mechanical/Civil Superintendent) applied for and your minimum salary expectation on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.