Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Job Summary: The Senior Accountant job exists to prepare financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Custodian of accountable documents i.e. receipt books, cheque books, and other documents associated with accounting.
- Review and recommend modification to accounting systems and procedures.
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Reviewing journal entries of junior accountants to ensure accuracy.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Making recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Produce error free accounting report and present their result.
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Assisting with financial and tax audits.
- Maintaining and reconciliation of various ledger, bank accounts, budgetary control reports and expenditure control.
- Balance the debt and the credit level of the company and ensure smooth operation.
- Follow up of reconciling items for clearance.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
Minimum Requirement / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Working knowledge of tax laws and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as well as IFRS.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- At least CPA II or ACCA equivalent
- Registered member of ICPAK or any other equivalent will be an added advantage
- University degree in Commerce /Economics/Business Administration or related field.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in an Accounting/Auditing set up.
- Hospital experience is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, particularly with excel. Proficiency in ERP is also required.
- Ability to train and manage staff.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Highest level of integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications so as to reach the undersigned on or before 20th September 2021 at 5.00 pm.
Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Short listed candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, gender, religion, nationality, physical or mental disability, age or sexual orientation.