Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the Eastern and Southern Africa region, with operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, Mozambique and Malawi. The group offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management, Banking and Property. Our Mission is to provide outstanding financial services to our customers. Our Vision is to be the most trusted financial service partner. We aim to provide our clients, with an unmatched offering, ensuring first class solutions that help secure the future.
The role holder will be responsible for Medical Accounting including; Fund management, premium collections, provider reconciliations and ensuring that provider payment are made on time
Payments and Reconciliation
- Prepare monthly hospital payout targets for major providers and send the list to the Medical Claims Team
- Generate and send remittance advice for payments made to the respective medical providers including the invoice details.
- Review payouts on a regular basis with an aim of ensuring that monthly payout targets for major providers are met.
- Perform reconciliations with provider statements and ensure resolution of outstanding balances on a timely basis.
- Reconcile Britam Credit account facilities with the various providers and ensure the same is maintained within the agreed SLAs.
- Monitor medical provider guarantees to ensure timely renewal of expired guarantees and cancellations for discontinued providers.
- Fund & Insured Schemes Management
- Monitor utilization of funded schemes and follow up on replenishment at 75% utilization
- Generate and issue monthly fund utilization statements and Insured schemes on request
- Advise cashier on the receipting and allocation for all medical collections including; Insured premiums, Funded schemes, and card costs
- Perform monthly reconciliation of funded schemes and agree to balances to ERP General Ledger Out Patient fund account.
- Generate Insured premium statement and facilitate collection of the same with the Sales team and intermediaries
- Reconciliation and collection/recovery of medical claims paid outside the policy.
- Process medical premium refunds to clients
Knowledge, experience, and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- CPA(K) or other similarly recognized accounting profession qualification
- 2-3 years of accounting experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of ERP AP system and/or experience of using Oracle Financials would be an advantage
- Strong computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14 October. 2021