MEDS Board of Directors seeks to recruit a suitable self-driven, results oriented and visionary Head of Supply Chain with good professional and ethical standing to head the Supply Chain Department.
Holder of the position is responsible for overseeing and managing Organization’s overall supply chain and logistics strategy and reports to the Managing Director/CEO.
- Develop and maintain appropriate policies and procedures to guide and direct business operations
- Provide leadership to ensure customer needs and expectations are met
- Oversee a large workforce of staff in timely processing and delivery of Client orders
- Oversee and manage Branch operations
- Oversee procurement and inventory control processes to ensure correct cost-effective sourcing of products and services.
- Negotiate large contracts with suppliers
- Provide leadership in inventory management, ensure accurate record keeping and effective performance
- Implement innovative solutions to improve overall performance of supply chain processes
- Implement new technologies and staying alert to new trends in the sector
- Prepare and/or interpret departmental contractual/ legal agreements to safeguard MEDS interests
- Plan and approve departmental expenditure for control and accountability
- Ensure effective performance management to achieve operational objectives and targets
- Demonstrated leadership with a track record of achievements backed with a minimum of 5 years experience in a pharmaceutical supply chain Organization of which 3 years is in senior management
- Strategic orientation, business acumen, interpersonal skills, and integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy and Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent business-related field.
How To Apply
If you fit the above position, please submit your application including a detailed Curriculum Vitae
stating your current position, salary, email address and telephone contacts. In addition, provide a copy of your National Identity Card and names and contacts of three (3) Referees (one of whom must be a professional who has supervised you at some point and another one be a Senior Religious Leader who knows you very well). Submit applications as indicated below.
To: Managing Director
Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies
P.O. Box 78040, 00507 Nairobi, Kenya or E-mail: : USAID-MEDS@meds.or.ke
By: 14th September 2021
NB: Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted