Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) is a Christian not-for-profit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya. It is a Registered Trust of Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) and Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK). The Organization’s core mandate is being a reliable supply chain for quality and affordable Health Products and Technologies, Quality Assurance and Health Advisory Services. MEDS was established in 1986 and serves clients spread all over Kenya and other regions in Africa.
MEDS has entered into a Contract with USAID Kenya and East Africa named USAID Accountable Supply Chain for Health Program in Kenya. Project mandate is to Procure, Warehouse, Distribute and Monitor HIV, Malaria, Tuberculosis and Maternal/Neonatal/Child Health (MNCH) commodities in furtherance of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Program in Kenya.
MEDS seeks to recruit the position for Subcontracts Manager to implement this Project:
Subcontracts Manager: The Subcontracts Manager will oversee all aspects of subcontract portfolio from competition, vetting, award documentation, monitoring, past performance and other areas of subcontract oversight.
- A Master’s degree in business administration or other related field OR a bachelor’s degree in business administration or other related field and ten (10) years of experience (in addition to the years below) overseeing procurement for a donor funded activity.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of (sub)contract management experience in procurement, warehousing and logistics.
- Experience with transportation management, outsourcing, performance management, and cost optimization.
- Experience successfully managing teams, and ensuring the quality of their products
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience working in a procurement capacity for a donor funded activity.
- Demonstrated experience in USG Grants Management, Finance and Compliance.
How To Apply
If you fit the profile for the above position, please submit your application as indicated below including:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae stating your current position, current salary, email address and telephone contacts
- Names and contacts of three (3) Referees (one of whom must be a professional who has supervised you at some point and one a Senior Religious Leader who knows you very well)
- Copy of Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
- Copy of National Identity Card
- Current Copy of Certificate of Good Conduct
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
To: Managing Director
Mission for Essential Drugs & Supplies
P.O. Box 78040 00507 Nairobi, Kenya or Email: USAID-MEDS@meds.or.ke
By 22nd September 2021
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted