Job Vacancy: Program Officer
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position Status: Full-time, Regular
Salary Level: 5
About Mercy Corps: Mercy Corps is powered by the belief that a better world is possible. To do this, we know our teams do their best work when they are diverse and every team member feels that they belong. We welcome diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be stronger and have long term impact.
The Program / Department / Team: Mercy Corps will begin implementation of an election violence prevention and mitigation project which will work to promote peaceful elections in Kenya by strengthening stakeholders’ capacity to prevent and mitigate election violence and contribute to a peaceful political transition around the August 2022 elections.
The Position: The Program Officer is a key member of the program team and will report to the Program Manager. She/he will provide day-to-day support to the program team in the identification of the needs and opportunities.
The position holder will facilitate the program team’s ability to develop activity ideas, implement, report and monitor progress.
- Work with the Program Manager and program partners to develop well-written, organized concept notes and reports that are in line with program outcomes and outputs; assist in the implementation of activities developed through these concept notes
- Support with project implementation, including attending activities and events in the targeted locations
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, develop and maintain relationships with organizations/ actors in key target sectors (e.g. faith organizations, youth groups, women’s organizations, CBOs / local NGOs, local government officials, security officials etc.).
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning & Reporting
In conjunction with the country & Program-level monitoring and evaluation team:
- Play a key role in the development and review of intervention designs, sector strategies and M&E frameworks.
- Validating and verifying core indicators against the different sources of information by taking part in regular data quality assessment.
- Support timely production of quarterly and annual donor reports based on agreed performance indicators.
- Maintain an active advisory role with the program team to help guide towards robust and relevant data for decision making.
- Actively participate in all implementations, providing advice and feedback for quality results at any point.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with partners and government departments
Research and Learning
- Take part in conflict analysis, research and learning activities, in conjunction with other relevant team members
- Regularly document and share all learnings from program implementation.
- Support maintenance an up to date database that reflects progress and program indicators
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Reports Directly To: Program Manager
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders: Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work.
We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- Bachelor of Arts /Science or equivalent, preferable in Conflict/Peace Studies, Governance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Development Studies or appropriate social science discipline.
- Good understanding and skills at data collection, analysis, database management with specific emphasis on beneficiary tracking.
- Good knowledge and skills of MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by 12th October and will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mercy Corps does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
For detailed Position Description, please visit the following link: https://bit.ly/3CSMpBk.