Collections Officer Job, Finance Jobs 2021,
Job Title: Collections Officer (Field Work)
Job Grade: Fixed Term on Commission
Department: Retail Services
Reports to: Team Lead Collections
The purpose of this role is to drive collections on current and overdue loans through direct contact with the customers. You will be required to work closely with the Sales Representatives and the Collections team in ensuring that loans are cleared in full at the shortest period possible or negotiate for reasonable repayment plans on the loans . You will also be required to highlight accounts that do not adhere to company policy and procedures.
- Achieve monthly collections targets while managing expenses.
- Keep tracking current and overdue loans assigned.
- Close follow up to ensure debtors keep their promises.
- Negotiate payoff deadlines and payment plans.
- Identify gaps in the system and escalate to team leader.
- Build trust with debtors.
- Update account status on the loan system regularly.
- Comply with business and industry requirements to avoid legal action or costs to the company.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
• Diploma/certificate/Training in any relevant field (Not a Must)
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Relevant Experience is an added advantage
• Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
• A good Listener
• Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
• Good negotiation and persuasion skills
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Team player
• Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
• Confidentiality and professionalism
• Growth mindset
How to Apply
Send your applications to HR@mfs.co.ke