Career Management Centre is a Human Resources Management Consulting firm that provides outsourcing HR services both at a strategic and operational levels.
Our client a Microfinance Bank seeks to recruit an Internal Auditor to be based in Nairobi.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kes 100,000
Job Purpose: To provide objective assurance that the Banks business risks are being managed appropriately and internal control framework is operating effectively.
Identify, assess and prioritize operational risks and advise the Business on mitigating actions or controls, in order to maintain operational risk within the Bank’s risk appetite.
- Developing audit plans, understands the specific issues to be evaluated, and executes internal audits within established business process controls.
- Develops formal written reports to communicate audit results to management and regulatory compliance agencies, if applicable, and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Documents processes for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping.
- Reports internal audit findings to appropriate management based on the results of audits, and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
- Conducts follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Conducts investigations of irregularities discovered by internal and external auditor reviews under guidance of the Senior Management
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes compliance risk data as part of annual risk assessment and engagement-based assessment.
- Reviews financial and operational information to develop a risk-based audit scope.
- Performs financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the company internal audit program.
- Follow-up on outstanding audit issues and conduct staff training on audit areas and programs geared towards raising level of compliance.
- Prepare timely and accurate reports for the Audit Committee
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field with at least 5 years’ relevant experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
- CPA (K)/ACCA qualification and 8 years’ relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge and of regulatory requirements relating to Micro Finance institutions and Banking in Kenya
- Investigation and probing skills
- Broad knowledge of industry and operations.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject as “Internal Auditor” by COB 12th November, 2021.
Due to the urgency, application will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Career Management Centre is a proud equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.