Bayer East Africa, a subsidiary of Bayer AG, one of the world’s leading innovative Life Sciences companies in the areas of health and nutrition, seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced individual to fill the following position:
Middle Africa – Country Quality Head
- The position will be responsible for commercial Quality as CQH Middle Africa
- Ensures that the legal entities of Kenya, Nigeria, and Ivory Coast meet the quality requirements in the country.
- Supports the responsible Pharmacist as the main contact for Health Authority on all issues including
- The position holder is the link between local and Global organizations and responsible for the implementation of all new Quality systems/standards supporting commercial operations for all the PH and CH Divisions.
- Accountable for end to end Quality oversight for all products marketed ¡n the respective countries.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Acts as business partner for all Quality-related topics at country platform organization
- Establishes and maintains local Quality Management System for Country Platform (in line with local regulations and global QMS) by establishing Quality manual, preparing of local and regional SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures); transferring global and local requirements and regulation into local QMS / review and check applicability of global quality documents (GSOPs, GOIs).
- Ensures general Quality oversight (incl. local Quality Management Review)
- Conducts GMP / GDP Training for Quality country platform
- Ensures appropriate standards & processes at local warehouse, and third-party logistic service providers including transportation and repackaging activities
- Executes local change management
- Ensures Quality compliance of local IT systems
- Supports the Responsible Pharmacist in the preparation of notified body inspections
- Execute & Maintain Quality Assurance Agreements with Legal Manufacturers, Service Provider and internal Bayer legal entities.
- Handling of customer complaints, Deviations using Dev@com tool, Assessment of Global complaints with impact evaluation and applicability for products distributed in the countries within scope of responsibilities
- Quality inspection of finished goods & support un-interrupted Supply of Finished Goods; meeting quality standards.
- GDP audits at Service Provider to ensure GDP, Regulatory & Safety compliance.
- Monitoring Temperature throughout all channel of storage & distribution,
- Ensure correct deviation management in compliance with local requirements and Bayer global standards
- Chair local Product Quality and Safety committee and liaise with global PQSC for critical issue management
Qualification and Competencies
- Pharmacist with minimum 3 years appropriate experience in pharmaceutical industry with focus on quality and / or commercial activities
- Strong pharmaceutical and regulatory background (GMP / GDP Compliance)
- Project management skills
- Strong cross functional skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Organizational and administrative skills
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter, a detailed CV with three professional referees contact not later than 18th May 2021 to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications received after the stated date above will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.