Oasis healthcare group is a company that runs a chain of facilities which aim to provide a 3 tier referral system to enable clients benefit from quality healthcare and also be seen by all appropriate healthcare cadre when need arises. It consists of skilled and dedicated health specialists, professionals, support staff, volunteers and physicians who promote wellness, prevent disease and injury, and provide healthcare every day to a diverse population in Kenya, especially those living in urban centres.
Vacancy No: OHGL/NUR/MF/06/002
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Maternity unit Nurse Manager, the successful candidate shall have overall responsibility in provision of primary nursing care (from admission to discharge) of maternity clients.
- Assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care suing the nursing process framework to all maternity clients.
- Admission and conducting initial clinical assessments of patients admitted to the maternity unit.
- Lead the implementation of all maternity protocols in consultation with the Resident Gynecologist.
- Prompt identification of critical events in labor and escalating as appropriate to ensure safety and quality outcomes
- Conduct deliveries including complicated deliveries using the available protocols
- Participate in pre-operative preparation of mothers undergoing surgical deliveries and other obstetric and gynecological procedures.
- Participate in receiving babies during normal and surgical deliveries
- Participate in emergency response involving the mother or child by ensuring all the protocols in resuscitation are implemented
- Documentation and reporting of all activities in the maternity unit.
- Participate in decision making as regard to maternity unit
- Participate in community outreach programs promoting reproductive health
- Participate actively in running of MCH services and follow-up reviews
- Champion quality improvement and patient safety initiatives in maternity unit as advised by the Quality Lead.
- Ensure all daily, weekly and monthly reports about the unit are timely generated and submitted appropriately
- KRCHN/BSc.N with Post-Basic qualification in Midwifery
- KRM or BSc. Midwifery
- At least 2-years’ experience in a busy maternity ward
- MUST registered and hold a current license by the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK)
- EMONC certification is strongly preferred
- Keen eye to details
- Passionate and a good communicator
- Computer skills and good reporting skills including experience in Health Information Systems
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae only; including names and contacts of three references, to [email protected] on or before 7th July 2021.
The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for e.g. “ONCOLOGY NURSE OHGL/NUR/ON/06/004”
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.