JOB TITLE: Modern Trade Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of Commercial, Kenya
DEPARTMENT: Sales Department
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30am to 5:30pm and overtime when required
DIRECT REPORTS: Sales Representatives
Our client Pernod Ricard is a worldwide co-leader in the wines and spirits industry.
Having its HQ for East Africa in Nairobi Kenya, they would like to engage an innovative and effective Modern Trade Manager to manage and develop the business at a strategic level within the organization with key modern trade customers and to work in partnership with these key accounts to develop the Pernod Ricard brands and optimize profitability.
She/he will also ensure the successful implementation of the agreed business plans and promotional activities at an operational level.
- Developing, administration and successful execution of the Annual Business (account activity grids / joint business plan) predicated on the Budget goals for the channel and accounts.
- Servicing (includes selling, merchandising, collections, account growth planning and implementation, relations building etc.) the key accounts and branches effectively.
- Ensuring continuous improvement in distribution, merchandising, call coverage, efficient resource utilization.
- Ensuring that the trade manager and brand managers are fully aware of the developments in the accounts, to be able to help in executing account strategy, terms and conditions and other best practice effectively.
- Providing training to the merchandisers and supporting them to ensure successful implementation of the accounts strategy countrywide.
- Developing long term and short term detailed strategic business plans, which include profit forecasts and take the channel strategies into consideration in order to ensure that the business is developed in the respective channels and activities are implemented effectively.
- Providing regular reporting – monthly and quarterly reviews with the customers as well as ensuring that there is regular reporting internally.
- Managing promotions from the initiation through to the successful implementation according to the agreed business plan.
- Communicating with the Sales Managers as well as other relevant internal and external parties to ensure that they are aware of the agreed business plan and the monthly and quarterly promotional cycles and work with them to ensure the successful implementation of these plans according to brand strategies.
- Liaising with Trade Marketing as well as the Marketing and Brand Managers to ensure that activities is in line with company brand strategies.
- Developing and maintaining excellent partnership based relationships with the clients, both at their head office level as well as with the client’s store managers at a regional level.
- Regularly visiting regional branches for the various key accounts to develop and maintain relationships with the key stakeholders and optimize any available opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining excellent internal relationships with Area Sales Managers, Sales Representatives, Marketing department – both with Trade Marketing and the Marketing and
- Brand Managers and ensure regular communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field.
- Five (5) years’ experience in the FMCG sector, specifically in Key Accounts.
- Ability to motivate and lead 3rd Party contracts (merchandisers).
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient in use of Excel.
- Experience in using a Sales system.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Able to work independently within set parameters.
- Good negotiation and customer relationship management skills.
- Ability to influence and engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skill.
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Modern Trade Manager – Pernod Ricard) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th April 2021.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted