Vision An inclusive society where girls and young women actualize their potentials and live fulfilled lives. Mission Based on its Christian faith, The Association, a not-for-profit making and volunteer membership organization exists to develop the leadership and collective power of women and girls to achieve social and economic empowerment, human rights, health, security, dignity, freedom, justice, peace and sustainable environment for all humanity. Values The Association values shall be built on its history and foundation in Christian faith, worldwide solidarity, diversity, inclusiveness, mutual tolerance and mutual respect, integrity, and responsible accountability. Objectives To build a fellowship of women and girls devoted to the task of realizing those ideals of all aspects of human life; To support programmes that promotes sustainability and fulfilment of basic needs amongst women and girls; To assist and encourage women and girls to participate in projects and programmes aimed at raising their educational, social, health and economic standards, to enable them to effectively play their rightful role in the effort of Nation Building;
SUPERVISOR: Head of Programs
DUTY STATION: Head Office
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the supervision of the Head of Programs, the M & E Officer will be responsible designing and overseeing all monitoring and evaluation (M & E ) activities, including ensuring full compliance with donor requirements, lead the program team in defining outcome indicators, developing data collection tools and methodologies and conducting program assessment and evaluation activities. The post holder will ensure the M & E component is well integrated at the program planning stage and regularly monitor project activities to ensure the desired impact.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Facilitate, design, and conduct data collection and monitoring exercises on a regular basis to support the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of YWCA Kenya programs using primary or secondary data sources, including undertaking regular field visits.
- Undertake and facilitate the implementation of the M&E plan, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, and formats.
Coordinate and ensure the quality of baseline, mid-term, and end-term surveys for all projects.
- Develop data quality assurance processes to ensure validity, timeliness, proper analysis and reporting of all data collected.
- Ensure the program planning tools, including work plans and log frames, are accurate during program development development.
- Promote a results-based approach to M&E, emphasizing results and impacts.
Lead, prepare and support the program team in producing consolidated quarterly and annual progress reports in accordance with approved deadlines and reporting formats.
- Monitor development and implementation of program activities included in the annual work plan, focusing on results, impacts, documenting success stories and lesson learning.
- Conduct regular monitoring & evaluations of YWCA Kenya’s implementing partners, including Community Based Organizations CBOs).
- Identify best practices and develop case studies to capture and promote qualitative results of YWCA-Kenya programs.
- Ensure timely submission of quality internal and external narrative reports.
- Identify problems with the M&E system and modify the system as necessary.
- Ensure that staff are receiving adequate support to be able to implement their M&E functions.
- Create a knowledge management strategy and framework.
- Organize and provide refresher training in M&E for staff.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Project Management, Research or related discipline.
- Master degree will be an added advantage
Other Competencies/abilities/skills required
- Experience in producing good quality documents for different audiences and managing the available GBV system
- Proven skills in data management with concrete knowledge of M & E tools
- Computer literacy
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills in English and Swahili
- Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory survey or research methods
- Report writing skills
Relevant Job experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation role, preferably in the NGO sector.
- Experience in using various quantitative methodologies for data analysis including analysis using statistical tools such as Ms. Excel, Google sheets, SPSS or STAT
- Experience in conducting program evaluations, including designing data collection tools/instruments, data visualization and presentation and successfully drafting M & E technical reports
- Proven experience in performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting and developing M & E and performance monitoring plans.
- Ability to frequently travel across the country for data collection and monitoring exercises.
indicating job title and availability. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the positions will be filled pending project approval and client funding.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
DISCLAIMER: YWCA does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.
Closing Date : 31st May, 2021