Originally the Office was referred to as the Exchequer &amp; Audit Department which with time changed to the Office of the Controller and Auditor-General. During this period, the Office derived its mandate from the Exchequer and Audit Act Cap 412 which provided for the audit of the Central Government by the Controller and Auditor General. Later the Act was amended to provide for audit of Local Authorities and State Corporations. The public Audit Act 2003 which became effective on 9 January, 2004 established a more independent Office of the Controller and Auditor General and renamed it KENYA NATIONAL AUDIT OFFICE (KENAO)
No of Positions: 5
Purpose of the job:
The Motor Vehicle Driver will be responsible for the transportation of authorized staff and goods in the Office of the Auditor-General
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive a motor vehicle as authorized;
- Carry out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure etc;
- Detect and report malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Maintain work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Ensure security and safety of passengers, the vehicle on and off the road and / or goods therein;
- Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D (Plain) or its approved equivalent qualification;
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement (s);
- Suitability Test for Drivers Grade III conducted by the Ministry of Roads and Public Works;
- Attended a First Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one week at St. John’s Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police;
- Occupational Trade Test III/II/I for Drivers conducted by the Ministry of Roads and Public Works;
- Defensive Driving certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Refresher course for drivers lasting not less than one week within the last three years at KIHBT or any other recognized institution;
- Minimum 3 Years relevant experience
- Applicants must attach the following documents:
- Application Form clearly indicating the post applied for, full name of the applicant, National ID Card No, Telephone Number and email address.
- Academic and professional certificates
- Other relevant testimonials
- Clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board where applicable
It is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job applications. The Office shall take appropriate action on any applicant who shall be found to have presented false information and/ or documents.
The Office of the Auditor-General is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to have diversity in the workforce in line with the Constitution. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Closing Date : 25th May, 2021