Overall Role Purpose:
Under the supervision of the Head of Facilities, this position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the farm activities enterprises, learning resource to enhance teaching and learning and revenue streams.
• Prepares records involving cost (finances) and production (technical performance) and keeps them up to date;
• Plan finances and production to maintain farm progress against budgeted parameters.
• Manage the procurement of supplies and farm equipment such as fertilizer and seeds;
• Prepare and plan the work schedules of full-time employees and decide when temporary workers will be needed.
• Marketing the farm’s products, deciding when and to whom livestock, crops and all other farm produce should be sold for maximum profit.
• Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment;
• Working very closely with the agriculture teacher on planned student activities.
• Monitor animal/ crop health and welfare, including liaising with vets and agricultural experts;
• Maintaining and monitoring the quality of yield, whether livestock or arable crops
• Understanding the implications of the weather and making contingency plans;
• Making sure that products are ready for deadlines, such as auctions and markets;
• Ensuring that farm activities comply with government regulations and other programs related to agriculture;
• Maintaining a knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them;
• Applying health and safety standards across the farm estate;
• Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the farm estate incl. those areas that are not (yet) in use;
• Making expansion and development plans (incl. financial implications) for the development of various areas of the farm estate
• Monitoring and documenting all yields and land use, if production goals have not been met, the manager is responsible for identifying and correcting the problem to ensure that the farm runs as efficiently and profitably as possible
• Protecting the environment and maintaining biodiversity;
• Having basic knowledge of and being able to supervise farm building and construction.
• Agriculture or a related subject as horticulture, crop management, agronomy or Agribusiness.
• At least 5 years’ experience as Farm Manager in a similar function.
• Demonstrated experience and commitment to farming.
Terms of Engagement
How to Apply
Send your Application Letter and CV as one document stating your current position, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
Indicate the title of position and reference number on the subject line of your email to email@example.com.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those submitted through Email will be considered.
The closing date for applications is by C.O.B Tuesday 7th September, 2021