Overall Role Purpose:
MFA facilities and infrastructural capacity is growing day by day as the construction progress and successive handover is done by the contractors. Masonry repairs/reinstatement is a main issue as most facilities are cladded with cladding stones, pcc roads, cabro, roof leakage on concrete gutters, other small improvements. We thus would like to have a mason whom will support the maintenance department in provision of technical support onproperty/facilities issues and provision of routine maintenance to residential, non-residential buildings Farm and pavements and walkways. He/she should be able to work under pressure with a view to meeting deadlines andstaff expectations in compliance with the maintenance SLA. It is important that the candidate can demonstrate good self-management and organizational skills.
• Carry out masonry cladding stones fixing and repairs.
• Tiles fixing and repairs
• Repair of pavements and walkways
• Roof leakage repairs using structural silicon or other adhesive
• Open drain repairs(IBD, stone pitching and masonry)
• Work with plumbers in general demolition and repair works.
• Maintain the Swimming pool builders works
• To assist the department in the completion of tasks in a timely fashion and to a high standard
• Carry out masonry repairs to the water systems (open and closed) in the school compound, Dorms andresidential staff quarterse. residential and non-residential.
• Aid outsourced contractors in coordination.
• Reporting to the Maintenance Manager of any problems encountered on site.
• Any other duty as may be assigned by the maintenance Manager.
• At least 5 years working knowledge and Experience of both Industrial and Domestic masonry builders works.
• Hardworking, honest and flexible
• The applicant must be a team builder with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desirable qualifications and experience
• Certificate (Grade Test III or above) in masonry/builders work from a recognized government institution
• Prior experience of Carrying out maintenance/masonry works in an institution of learn
• Conversant with CMMS software.
Masonry Job required competencies
Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
Terms of engagement