Transmission Support Engineer Job, IT Jobs in Kenya November 2021,
Job No: 005
The Transmission Support Engineer will form a part of a highly skilled group of technical and management experts who are responsible of the technical overview. Fixed connectivity infrastructure as well as to support other business units with the utilization of the assets, he/she will provide support of the solution design and implementation of the carrier wholesale as well as planning and implementation of the infrastructure required to expand Kenya fixed infrastructure and MTN Global international connectivity.
- The candidate will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Manage the end to end solution implementation of L2VPN, L3VPN and SDH P2P or P2MP
- Support on delivery of end-to-end wholesale capacity and managed network services (MPLS), both internationally and domestically within the OpCo
- Support all capacity restoration in case of submarine or terrestrial cable cut
- Implement work around solutions whilst permanent solutions are being negotiated to alleviate capacity bottleneck
- Identify future capacity requirement spikes due to market changes and provide inputs to the capacity management team
- Support the delivery of systems through 3rd parties
- Support for Global Network expansion (links and infrastructure)
- Provide various reports for wholesale to monitor the network and the services
- Liaise with network and technology teams in OpCos to understand the fixed infrastructure landscape in the countries and support in the maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Liaise with the GEBU SPOC and with the Enterprise business units to implement multi-country enterprise fixed line solutions
- Ensure full customer satisfaction over the wholesale/solution delivery and support process
- Deliver the best service support on Connectivity service
- Analysis of the utilization of the current connectivity infrastructure
- Optimized the transmission network to ensure network resiliency
- Follow and manage submarine and terrestrial cable roll-out.
- Updated Opco implementation strategies
- Operational presentation
- Minimum 3 Year Academic Degree in (Engineering or Computer Science or Business Administration)
- CCNA, CCNP or equivalent Associate and professional certification
- PMP or equivalent Project Management certification (as an advantage)
- English, Swahili, and French (as an advantage)
- At least 5 years experience in Telecommunications, with both planning and operational experience
- At least 2 years experiences in fixed infrastructure and IP environment
- Experience in OTN, WDM, and SDH
- Experience on Huawei transmission equipment (OSN)
- Experience on Cisco and Huawei IP equipment (NE40)
- Experience in multi-country network solutioning
- Experience on technical specification and procurements processes
- Key business soft skills including but not limited to problem-solving, information processing, analytical understanding of key industry trends, influencing and motivating team members
- Data interpretation, quality focus, continuous improvement, keen to innovation and research and development, risk management and reporting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Highly client-driven interactions
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send their applications and detailed CV, including qualifications, experience, present position and current remuneration.
The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the job title on the subject line.
Send your application to email@example.com by 11th November 2021 before 5:00 pm East African time.
MTN Business Kenya reserves the right to accept or reject any application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.