The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities or individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, results oriented and committed to continuous improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice in line with our Strategic Plan (2019-2024).
Reporting to Chief Radiologist, the successful candidate will be responsible for overall purpose of this job is to manage production and delivery of efficient and quality radiology imaging services in line with established protocols and the Hospital’s patient care objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Manager Radiology will be expected to undertake the administrative roles in the radiology department to maintain timely and efficient patient flow in line with Hospital targets while ensuring staffing levels at all times.
- Develop, review and ensure adherence to radiography imaging protocols and standards in consultation with other clinical departments in order to ensure quality imaging services in the hospital.
- Ensure delivery of patient centric radiology services in line with established protocols and in order to contribute to overall patience experience.
- Ensure radiation safety standards are adhered to by patients, radiology staff and members of public during radiology procedures in line with the Radiation Act, 1985.
- Ensure radiation emitting equipment have valid licenses and meet the quality assurance standards in line with the Radiation Protection Board guidelines.
- Coordinate periodic maintenance of all radiology equipment in line with maintenance specifications and to ensure optimal operational efficiency of the equipment.
- Monitor the radiation exposure of the radiology staff through monthly dose readings and yearly blood count to ensure radiation exposure in radiography remains within the recommended maximum limits as per the Atomic Agency guidelines.
- Manage radiology inventory including inventory control and monthly stock takes in collaboration with the finance department to ensure optimal stock variance.
- Identify professional development gaps and ensure implementation of appropriate professional development interventions for the radiography team to ensure the team has the right skills and exposure to best practices.
- Keep abreast local and global best practices in radiology and make recommendations to the Head of Radiology on how these impacts the hospital.
- Responsible for setting, monitoring, and evaluating key performance indicators for the team.
- In liaison with the Director, Medical Services & Research, prepare departmental annual plans that are aligned to the Hospital’s strategic plan.
- Manage implementation of all hospital approved quality management systems including ISO standards, environmental management system (EMS), occupational health and safety OH&S), and JCIA among others to ensure full compliance of the radiology department to the guidelines.
- Prepare the radiology income and expenditure budget and monitor its implementation upon approval.
- Identify, deploy, and motivate the radiology imaging team including performance appraisal, identification of training needs, mentorship and coaching as well as leave and absence management in line with the hospital’s people agenda; and
- Play an active role in the management and organization of the Radiology department and participate in teaching, researching and audit.
- Have the ability to lead when appropriate and work independently with no or little supervision and supervise others.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Radiography from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in CT scan and MRI.
- Must be registered with the Radiography Council of Kenya and hold a valid practicing license.
- Minimum of 8 years’ radiology imaging experience preferably in a hospital environment with 3 years at management level.
- Imaging skills including MRI, Ultrasound and CT Scan
- Ability to develop and ensure implementation of radiography protocols
- Knowledge of radiation safety standards
- Knowledge of quality management systems related to radiography
- Leadership skills
- People management skills
- Patient care skills
- Budget preparation skills
- Inventory management and control skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to mentor
- Communication skills
- Ability to set, measure and audit KPIs
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 23rd July 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100