Records Mangement Officer II Job, Latest County Government Jobs,
ONE (1) POSITION -VACANCY No. 02/2021/05,
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh 31,270 – Ksh 41,260 p.m (Job Group ‘J’),
Allowances as per the SRC circulars,
Terms of Service: Three (3) year Renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance,
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Bachelors degree in Records Management/Information Science or Records and Archives Management from a recognized institution;
- Be Proficient in computer applications.
- A certificate in Digital/Electronic record keeping/management will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail;
- Updating file index, updating and maintaining an up-to-date file movement records and ascertaining the general cleanliness of the registry;
- Sort, cross reference, file correspondences and responses according to Board’s indexing plan;
- Proper storage and maintenance of records and files to promote longevity and ensure prompt repair or replacement of worn-out files;
- Ensure proper handling of all board documents, pending correspondence and bring up;
- Receive and dispatch mails/ letters and maintain tracing register while ensuring adherence to the required security protocols and confidentiality;
- Maintain a structured file classification for all records for ease in retrieval and accessibility;
- Create a new file for new information/subject and allocate a reference number for ease in retrieval;
- Ensuring security of files and board documents by monitor access to the Records Management area to safeguard the records integrity from unauthorized access.
- Trace files that have already been actioned on and file them back to the records office for easier retrieval in the future.
- Assist in scanning of documents at the Board Secretary’s office, renaming and sending for action by the Board Secretary.
- Assist in circulating files after action by the Board Secretary and filing back to the Records office after action.
- Any other duties assigned.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are required to make their applications by downloading an employment form from Nakuru County website www.nakuru.go.ke
A dully filled form and copies of ID, KCSE, Degree and Professional Certificates should be sent by POST or COURIER SERVICES in a sealed envelope and the vacancy number clearly indicated on the top of the envelope and addressed to;
Nakuru County Public Service Board,
Public Works Building – Prisons Road,
P.O. Box 2870-20100,
NAKURU on or before 17th May, 2021.
(No hand delivered applications will be accepted) County Government of Nakuru is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, Women and Persons Living with Disabilities, Marginalised and Minority communities are encouraged to apply. Canvasing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be informed that Nakuru County Public Service Board DOES NOT USE AGENTS nor CHARGE ANY FEES for any of its services.