National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc.
Position Title: Relationship Managers – Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Sector
2 Available Positions
Job Ref No. HR/027/2021
Location: Nairobi & Mombasa Regions
Division: Corporate Banking
Reporting to: Sector Head, Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing
Position Scope: The role holder will be responsible for business growth within Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing within Corporate Banking Division through business acquisition of new business and portfolio growth.
He/she will also be required to implement the Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Banking Business Development initiatives within the Corporate Division, influence business by determining innovative solutions, leverage best practice and assimilate with proven practices to ensure exceptional customer experience and efficiencies.
- Implement the Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Banking Business Development initiatives in line with the Bank strategy and business growth plan.
- Identify opportunities for growth and new business acquisition through market research, analysis and networking.
- Develop, grow and maintain a strong client and transaction pipeline and convert these to businesses that achieve customer satisfaction, the banks financial budgets and strategic goals.
- Actively market and drive the uptake of the Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Banking services and products to new and existing clients. Identify opportunities for cross-selling of relevant products and services.
- Ensure day-to-day client relationship management and engagement with customers to foster a good and lasting business partnership of the customer and the Bank.
- Promote excellent customer experience by driving and advocating customer requirements through the various functions in the bank to deliver high service standards that delight the bank’s customers.
- Ensure full compliance with Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Banking standards while adhering of the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Partner with Regional Management, Branch Management teams and Support Functions to increase market share of the Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Banking segment with regard to customer numbers, products, service consumption and revenues while proactively reducing the non-performing loan book.
- Collaborate with Branch Managers and ensure to drive account utilization and sustainable deposits.
- Drive transactional income from Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Banking clients through effective customer service and cross selling the Bank’s products and services.
- Establish profitable banking relationships with Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Banking clients by providing high quality banking and other financial services where the Bank operates.
- Provide feedback to Management on Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Banking market analysis and segmentation with regards to products, credit risk evaluation and customer feedback among others.
- In liaison with other stakeholders, ensure quality portfolio management by effective identification of risks and their mitigations.
- Conduct preliminary credit reviews and make recommendation for new and existing facilities in line with the Bank’s credit policy and Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing Compliance guidelines.
- Regularly monitor performing/non-performing accounts within the assigned portfolio.
- Support and coordinate post disbursement loan monitoring.
Skills & Experience:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Banking or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- Relevant certification in business development Finance or its equivalent is an added advantage.
- Five (5) years’ banking experience in the Financial/banking sector, three (3) of which should be in Relationship Management in Infrastructure, Oil, Energy, Transport & Manufacturing.
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial thinking.
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Integrity & courage to challenge actions within various business units and the status quo.
- Strong persuasion, management and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Creative approach, with the ability to anticipate challenges and develop innovative solutions
- Customer & Client Focused Innovation – able to meet the demands of internal and external customers.
- Meaningful Collaboration – Ability to establish key partnerships and facilitate, influence, collaborate and establish accountability through all levels of the organization to help drive uptake of the Bank’s products and services.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
How to Apply:
Send your CV and application letter showing how you meet the role requirement stated above to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by Friday, 18th June 2021.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.