National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc.
Job Title: Relationship Manager – Public Sector
Job Ref No. HR/029/2021
2 Available Positions
Division: Corporate Banking
Location: Coast & Rift Regions
Reporting to: Head, Public Sector
Position Scope: The role holder will be responsible for business growth within Public Sector Banking Corporate Division through business acquisition of new business and portfolio growth.
He/she will also be required to implement the Public Sector Banking Business Development initiatives within the Corporate Division, influence business by determining innovative solutions, leverage best practice and assimilate with proven practices to ensure exceptional customer experience and efficiencies.
- Implement the Public Sector Banking Business Development initiatives in line with the Public Sector Banking strategy and business growth plan.
- Identify opportunities for growth and new business acquisition through market research, analysis and networking.
- Develop, grow and maintain a strong client and transaction pipeline and convert these to businesses that achieve customer satisfaction, the banks financial budgets and strategic goals.
- Actively market and drive the uptake of the Public Sector Banking services and products to new and existing clients. Identify opportunities for cross-selling of relevant products and services.
- Ensure day-to-day client relationship management and engagement with customers to foster a good and lasting business partnership of the customer and the Bank.
- Promote excellent customer experience by driving and advocating customer requirements through the various functions in the bank to deliver high service standards that delight the bank’s customers.
- Ensure full compliance with Public Sector Banking standards while adhering of the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Partner with Regional Management, Branch Management teams and Support Functions to increase market share of the Public Sector Banking segment with regard to customer numbers, products, service consumption and revenues while proactively reducing the non-performing loan book.
- Collaborate with Branch Managers and ensure to drive account utilization and sustainable deposits.
- Drive transactional income from Public Sector Banking clients through effective customer service and cross selling the Bank’s products and services.
- Establish profitable banking relationships with Public Sector Banking clients by providing high quality banking and other financial services where the Bank operates
- Provide feedback to Management on Public Sector Banking market analysis and segmentation with regards to products, credit risk evaluation and customer feedback among others.
- In liaison with other stakeholders, ensure quality portfolio management by effective identification of risks and their mitigations.
- Conduct preliminary credit reviews and make recommendation for new and existing facilities in line with the Bank’s credit policy and Public Sector Compliance guidelines.
- Regularly monitor performing/non performing accounts within the assigned portfolio.
- Support and coordinate post disbursement loan monitoring.
Skills & Experience:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Banking or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- Relevant certification in business development Finance or its equivalent is an added advantage.
- Five (5) years’ banking experience in the Financial/banking sector, three (3) of which should be in Relationship Management in Public Sector.
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial thinking
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Integrity & courage to challenge actions within various business units and the status quo.
- Strong persuasion, management and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Creative approach, with the ability to anticipate challenges and develop innovative solutions;
How to Apply:
Send your CV and application letter showing how you meet the role requirement stated above to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by Wednesday, 30th June 2021.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.