The National Cooperative Business Association – Cooperative League of the USA (NCBA CLUSA) International has worked for more than 100 years to build a better world and a more inclusive economy.
We engage, partners with and empower people to have a greater say in their futures and more equitable access to economic opportunities.
We achieve this vision through collaborative partnerships in development, advocacy, public awareness and thought leadership.
NCBA CLUSA is part of the consortium currently implementing the Kenya Empowered Youth project (KEY) funded by USAID that seeks to connect youth through social and economic opportunities.
Kenya Empowered Youth builds on a Quadruple Helix Innovation Platform (QHIP) to strengthen collaborations among Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), Youth Networks, private sector, National and County Governments.
NCBA CLUSA’s role is to increase the capacity of youth serving systems to identify and address youth needs.
NCBA CLUSA is looking to recruit 6 (Six) County Commune Coaches in the following Counties; Isiolo, Kiambu, Nakuru, Mombasa, Kakamega, and Kisumu.
Position Summary: The County Commune Coach will be responsible for representing the organization in the County, Establish/or enhance partnerships with both public and private sector. Build capacity of youth serving organizations, networks and coalitions within the County.
Build capacity of producer groups, link them to markets and establish service oriented youth networks.
The position will report to the Project Technical Lead (PTL).
Essential Areas of Responsibility
- Establish/enhance private and public sector relationships at County level to enhance youth social, economic and political interests
- Work closely with County and National Government officials to ensure good working relationships
- Work closely with National Youth Bunge Association (NYBA),County Bunge Forums (CBFs), Youth SACCOs and any other youth networks to foster youth agenda in the County
- Strengthen youth networks, CBFs and NYBA to better serve youth social, economic, political interests in their respective Counties
- Collaborate with other Consortium Partners to ensure the project objectives are realized. The Partners include Michigan State University (MSU), Egerton University, and Unites States International University (USIU).
- Provide linkage between youth, private and public sectors through regular meetings, referrals etc.
- Build capacity of producer groups to well serve interests of their members at County level and beyond.
- Write monthly progress reports, best practices and success stories to the Project Technical Lead as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of a Diploma or Degree in Agricultural Development, Co-operatives, Business Management, Community Development, Livestock/Veterinary services, or other related field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience providing technical support to projects or activities that promote improved livelihoods
- Demonstrated ability working with Government representatives/ private sector and, local partners, Co-operative leaders and members, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in addressing Co-operative development issues facing Co-operative movement in Kenya.
- Commitment to gender equality and positive youth inclusion in development.
- Prior experience in providing technical support to a donor funded activity, preferably USAID
- Fluent in English with excellent written and oral communications skills, as well as training and coaching/mentoring experience.
How to Apply
To apply, send your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 8th October 2021 by 5.00pm (EAT)
NCBA CLUSA International does not require applicants to pay any money at any stage of recruitment and selection process.