We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
We are pleased to announce the following Opportunity in the Converged Service Operations Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Manager – IT Networks, the position holder will Provide technical expertise, design and support to Safaricom in the field of Call Center, local and wide are network administration.
- Advises on the communications requirements of installed and planned networked information systems.
- Carries out surveys to establish network connection requirements.
- Maintain system standards and procedures on network related issues and technically enforce the same.
- Reviews with users, other staff and suppliers, network traffic and the performance and quality of service provided by the network.
- Use of network management system techniques and appropriate analysis equipment to collect routine network load statistics, model performance, and create reports as required.
- Implementation, Configuration and support of the Safaricom voice platforms including the contact center and cisco call manger.
- Monitors, administers and maintains network security, countermeasures for availability and safety
- Liaise with other departments to deliver cross team projects and harmonized IT operations in SFC. Provide input, expertise in projects that require IT Network infrastructure for expanding business areas to support retail outlets. Switch rooms and new products and services
- Uses network management tools to investigate, diagnose and resolve network problems within service level agreement tolerances, referring to network users, other staff, and suppliers as necessary. Respond to support issues and connectivity incidents for Safaricom’s Corporate LANs, troubleshooting and IP Addressing and connectivity across the company.
- Implements and administers the SFC internet connection, mail gateways and security.
- Response to support calls on data, telephone support and call center issues as backup for Telephone Services Team Leader.
- Documentation of network, network design hardware and software inventory.
- WAN/LAN Interconnect experience
- 1-2 years in networks: managing a network of 200+ users
- Deep Knowledge of Voice Systems – call Manager, Genesys
- Knowledge and integration of SIP and PSTN.
- Managing, Configuring and Troubleshooting CISO Security Integrated Services Engine (ISE)
- Managing configuring and Troubleshooting CISCO Security Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- Managing, Configuring and Troubleshooting Checkpoint Firewalls, Cisco Firewalls and Web Authentication Firewalls.
- Formal professional training or work experience in networking and communication technologies. Knowledge of a networking environment
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS and proficiency in a wide range of networking LAN/WAN products and technologies
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Knowledge of basic network architecture concepts (zones/DMZ, VLANs, segmentation, subnetting. LAN/WAN).
- Basic understanding of dynamic routing protocols a plus.
- Good working knowledge of basic firewall configuration concepts (ACL, NAT/PAT, routing statements, ports, protocols, VPNs
- General exposure to firewalls, switches, routers, and other networking devices.
- Knowledge of cisco Voice systems including cisco call manager, Webex
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 3 November. 2021