New Kenya Co-operative Creameries Limited (New KCC) is the largest dairy processor and a market leader in the dairy industry in Kenya re-known for its top of the range, quality brands that include KCC Finest Creamery Butter, KCC Superfine Ghee, Gold Crown milk, KCC Fresh milk, Safariland, KCC Mala, La yoghurt among others.
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic and result driven person to fill the foflowing vacant position:
Information Security Manager
NKCC/HR.709 / ISM/ 02/06/2021
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Head of ICT the Information Security Manager will be responsible for securing the enterprise information by managing its design, implementation, and enforcing the security controls, safeguards, policies, and procedures while maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the ICT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Participate in the development of policies, standards and procedures and ensure they support compliance with organizational, legal, and statutory requirements.
- Oversee dissemination of policies and procedures through-out New KCC.
- Ensure compliance and enforcement of the security policies and submit regular compliance reports.
- Develop and implement an Incident reporting and response system to address security breaches and co-ordinate with the relevant external authorities.
- Develop and implement an on-going risk assessment program that targets information security and privacy matters, recommend methods for vulnerability assessment, and oversee vulnerability testing.
- Be part of the recovery planning and keep abreast with all security related legislations, regulations, advisories, alerts, and vulnerabilities that affect New KCC and its mission.
- Eight (8) year’s relevant work experience, at least 4 years in a similar position in a comparable organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or related field
- Linux certification, Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)/Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or related certification.
- Working knowledge of an ERP system
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks cumulative.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial capabilities.
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Possesses good problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with network computer applications – WAN, LAN, Email Infrastructure
How to Apply
In addition to the job qualifications and requirements, applicants MUST fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and will be required to submit with their application copies of the following documents:
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application in HARD COPIES quoting the Title and the Reference Number of the Position applied on the covering letter and on the Envelope, together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae complete with supporting documents to:
New Kenya Co-operative Creameries Ltd
P.O. Box 30131 -00100
N/B: Please note that all applications MUST BE sent through the above address ONLY and received no later than 30th June, 2021 by 5 p.m.
New KCC is an equal opportunity Employer and Women & Persons Living with Disability are encouraged to apply.