Job Title: Administrative Accountant
Duty Station: Migori
Reports To: Finance Officer
Background: The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya.
CIHEB-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Job Summary: To ensure financial transactions are accurately and completely recorded on a timely basis, Coordinating logistical and administrative support from office to field locations for effective & efficient program operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in processing all payments.
- Reconcile all vendors accounts as well as maintain and update the commitment database weekly.
- Assist in issuing program activity and travel advances to staff and follow up on retirement of the same after conclusion of activities and/or travel.
- Assist in banking activities for the organization
- Attach payment references from the bank to all payment vouchers.
- File all payment vouchers and journal vouchers sequentially and maintain an effective filling system in line with organizational requirements
- Ensure the front office, work stations, common areas, etc. are maintained, kept clean and tidy;
- Managing booking of conference and meeting rooms and ensure the rooms are ready before scheduled use
- Managing the office store, requisition and distribution of supplies to staff members and all the sites that are supported by the office.
- Allocating work related tools to staff (phones, computers, desks, stationery) as appropriate to all staff.
- Managing office customer care, office bills payments and staff credit allocations.
- Receive visitors, answer telephones and transfer calls to the appropriate departments or staff members.
- Receiving and forwarding all utility bills to procurement for payment processing.
- Responsible for external dispatch and delivery of mails and parcels.
- Maintaining a routinely updated register of all fixed assets and consumables.
- Managing of project assets and consumables – making project heads aware of what is available in store, developing an asset inventory
- Maintaining supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders and verifying receipts.
- Adopting and ensuring use of acceptable standards and tools for inventory management including asset registers, goods received notes, bin cards and goods movement forms; and
- Receiving and tagging all items delivered and maintaining an orderly system of goods storage.
- Maintaining delivery notes, Goods Received register for all supplies received and delivered to the programs.
- Advising the procurement department on quantities of items in the store and preparing a monthly report reflecting stocks purchased, distributed and replenished.
- Liaising with travel section to assist in air ticket bookings and accommodation.
- Receiving visitors, answer telephones and transfer calls to the appropriate department or staff member
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting / Finance, Business management or Business administration and any other related course.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA-2).
- At least 3 year of relevant working experience in a similar position
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail, problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- High standards of ethics and Values
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 28th September 2021.
Applicants are advised to include the title “ADMINISTRATIVE ACCOUNTANT” on the subject line also indicating preferred location.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.