The Aga Khan Academy Nairobi is operated by Aga Khan Education Service Kenya (AKESK), a non-profit organization, with close to a hundred years’ experience operating schools in Kenya. Our first formal schools were opened in 1918, and AKESK currently operates 11 schools in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret, serving close to 5,000 students with a quality, affordable education.
To provide school health services, which include health screening, treatment of minor ailments, coordinating referrals to medical providers, spearheading the promotion of health, and provision of the safe school environment for staff and students.
- Implementing the relevant school health policies and guidelines paying attention to the relevant school and public health laws and regulations
- Carry out all duties to nursing and first aid applications
- Serves as the expert in the school to meet student health needs, with an understanding of normal growth and development in children, as well as children with special health needs
- Monitors disease outbreak amongst children and institutes infection control measures to prevent the spread
- Is responsible to assess the school environment for the safety of children and provides the necessary advice to school administration about potential risks
- Takes lead in health promotion and screening programs in the school, and is conversant with referral procedures to health providers
- The school nurse serves as a liaison between school personnel, family, community, and health care providers to advocate for health care and a healthy school environment
Qualifications and Experience
- Nursing Diploma or Equivalent from a recognized school of nursing or University
- 3 -5 year of related experience preferred in a school setting
- Current licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certification in the basic life support (BLS)
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th May, 2021