The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops, a permanent institution, is the assembly of the Catholic Bishops in Kenya united and exercising together their Pastoral offices over Christ’s faithful, as shepherds of the Catholic Church in Kenya which they together promote by forms and means of Apostolate suitable to the circumstances of place and time, in accordance with the Law, to promote the greater good which the Church offers to all Mankind (c. 447, CIC). The Authority of the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops is vested in the Ordinary and Extraordinary Plenary Assembly. Currently there 26 Catholic Jurisdictions spread over 4 Metropolitan Provinces,that is, 4 Archdioceses, 20 Dioceses, 1 Apostolic Vicariate and 1 Military Ordinariate.
It is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the position of Nurse Tutors (2 Positions) at its St. Luke’s College of Health Sciences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Course and curriculum organisation, implementation, development and evaluation for students and others participating in continuing education.
- Organisation of lectures, seminars and tutorials of the course modules in consultation with the dean of studies
- Assume responsibility of a class tutor and Hostel Patron or matron as appointed by the Principal.
- Maintaining students’ training records.
- Organisation of internal examinations
- Teach all assigned subjects to all groups of students,
- Utilise a variety of teaching methods to meet the individual learning needs nurses.
- Evaluate academic progress of students, record findings and devise action plans where necessary.
- Act as an examiner/assessor for students
- Promotion of a research ethos.
- Participate in clinical teaching in the clinical areas to trainee
- Maintains clinical capability via regular clinical practice
- Take responsibility for own professional development.
- Participate in quality programmes, clinical audit and research.
- Performing with diligence any other duties, which the tutor may be called to do from time to time by the school authority.
- Carry out work duties in a way that does not harm students, children and vulnerable adults, or other staff/volunteers, nor exposes them to further risk of abuse or exploitation.
- Report any safeguarding concerns according to KCCB procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) and not less than Three (3) years’ experience in teaching.
- Masters’ degree will be an added advantage
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK)
- Valid nursing practicing License
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- A good knowledge of social teachings of the Church, and Ethical principles
- Group facilitation skills an added advantage