Career Management Centre is a Human Resource Management Consulting firm that provides outsourcing HR services both at strategic and operational levels to organisations.
Our client, a Hospital providing both inpatient and Outpatient services seeks to recruit a Nursing Manager to be based in Makindu, Makueni County.
Reports to: Resident Doctor
Job Purpose: In charge of the overall responsibility of a nursing services in the Hospital. This will include planning, coordinating, controlling and evaluating nursing services to promote and ensure quality health services and patient safety.
- Supervising and ensuring delivery of a professional and high standard of nursing care within the hospital while leading a team of nurses and patient attendants in delivering individual and team targets.
- Actively participate in Quality Management committees and ensure regular monitors are conducted and reported one
- Lead the implementation and continuous review of standard operating procedures in the nursing department
- Ensure prudent utilization of resources by allocating nurses to duties as per patient needs and hospital guidelines and policies.
- Actively engage with doctors and other care providers to get feedback on the quality of nursing care in the units.
- Monitor and ensure clients satisfaction and proactively manage their complaints as they arise.
- Ensure all daily, weekly and monthly reports about the unit are timely generated and submitted appropriately.
- In collaboration with the finance department, ensure all the procedures, and commodities are billed appropriately for every patient.
- Participate in the development of unit budgets, review of budgets and controls
- Champion quality improvement and patient safety initiatives in the Hospital
- Responsible for making management decisions in consultation with the medical leads or Head of Clinical Services and other departmental heads
- Plan nursing duties and work schedules including day and night nursing duty rosters, planning goals and objectives for the nursing team and ensuring they are met
- Assess, diagnose, implement and evaluate nursing care to patients using the nursing process framework.
- Solve any problems patients might have at the facility to ensure patient satisfaction
- Participate in hospital coverage/duty roles as allocated
Education & Professional Qualifications
- BSc. Nursing degree /Diploma in Nursing
- At least 6 years’ experience in Nursing, Nurse manager experience will be a distinct advantage.
- Must be registered and hold a current license by the Nursing Council of Kenya
Job Related Skills
- Team leading skill.
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Computer skills and good reporting skills including experience in Health Information Systems.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the email subject as “Nursing Manager- Makindu” by COB 1st December, 2021.
Due to the urgency, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Career Management Centre is a proud equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.