Director Communication Job, Current Communication Kenyan Job Vacancies,
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Deputy Auditor – General (Corporate Services), the Director – Communication will be responsible for providing strategic leadership in Communications management so as to achieve the communication goals for the Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall strategic leadership and direction for the development and implementation of effective Communications strategies, policies and procedures;
- Establish frameworks for the continuous development and review of the Communications programmes including corporate social responsibility;
- Participate in the development and implementation of corporate strategy;
- Review the execution of communication policies and strategies ensuring they are aligned to the overall goals of the Office;
- Respond to media queries and the public on behalf of the Office;
- Advise the Auditor-General and the senior management on Public Relations and communication issues;
- Produce relevant Information, Education and Communication materials that positively represent the Office;
- Participate in the publication and dissemination of audit reports for the Office;
- Organize interactive media meetings with editors and journalists for public communication on the Office updates;
- Monitor the individual staff performance in line with quality standards and timelines to ensure the achievement of the Directorate objectives;
- Ensure adherence to the code of conduct by the staff to maintain quality standards and integrity in their work;
- Coach and mentor staff members within the Directorate to enhance work performance as set out in the appraisal schemes.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time by the Auditor – General.
Requirements for Appointment:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Media or any other relevant discipline from a recognized institution;
- A post graduate qualification in PR, Communications, Journalism, Mass media or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in Journalism and Mass Communication, Media Studies, Business Management or any other related relevant discipline from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Strategic Leadership Development Programme (SLDP) or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Registered member of the Public Relations Society of Kenya of good standing;
- Minimum 15 years’ experience five (5) of which should be in a Position of Deputy Director Communications or equivalent position.
How To Apply
All applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must attach the following documents:
- Application Form clearly indicating the post applied for, full name of the applicant, National ID Card No, Telephone Number and email address.
- Academic and professional certificates
- Other relevant testimonials
- Clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board where applicable
Applications should reach the Office on or before 25 May 2021
It is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job applications. The Office shall take appropriate action on any applicant who shall be found to have presented false information and/ or documents.
The Office of the Auditor-General is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to have diversity in the workforce in line with the Constitution. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification