Manager Finance Job, Finance Jobs In Kenya 2021,
Purpose of the job
Reporting to the Deputy Director – Finance, the Manager – Finance will be responsible for the preparation & review of budgets and processing of payments. The incumbent will also be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of quality management reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide information for budget justification at the National Treasury, National Assembly and other stakeholders;
- Carry out periodic budget review for the purpose of reallocation and preparation of supplementary budget;
- Review vouchers and supporting documents from vendors to verify accuracy for payments;
- Reconcile payment vouchers and transactions processed through internet banking;
- Update and maintain the weekly vote book status report for the Office;
- Lead annual budgets and forecast processes by coordinating inputs from across the office;
- Review and process approved imprest requests presented by user departments;
- Prepare monthly management reports;
- Prepare regular cash flow analysis for the Office;
- Monitor the individual staff performance in line with quality standards and timelines to ensure the achievement of the directorate objectives;
- Ensure adherence to the code of conduct by the staff to maintain quality standards and integrity during their work;
- Coach and mentor staff members within the directorate to enhance work performance as set out in the appraisal schemes.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time by the Auditor – General.
Requirements for Appointment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
- Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA – K) Qualification or its recognized and equivalent qualification;
- A Master’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Strategic Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Registered member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other relevant professional body of good standing;
- At least 9 years of practical experience in Finance management preferably in a public organization three (3) of which must have been at the level of a Finance Officer or its equivalent and comparable position.
How To Apply
- All applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must attach the following documents:
- Application Form clearly indicating the post applied for, full name of the applicant, National ID Card No, Telephone Number and email address.
- Academic and professional certificates
- Other relevant testimonials
- Clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board where applicable
Applications should reach the Office on or before 25 May 2021
It is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job applications. The Office shall take appropriate action on any applicant who shall be found to have presented false information and/ or documents.
The Office of the Auditor-General is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to have diversity in the workforce in line with the Constitution. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification