Director Legal Services Job, Legal Jobs In Kenya May,
Purpose of the job
Reporting to the Deputy Auditor – General (Corporate Services), the Director – Legal Services will be responsible for the provision of legal advisory services through interpretation of legal matters, leading litigation, maintaining custody of the office’s seal and legal documents, vetting and drafting of legal agreements for the Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development and implementation of the corporate strategy by developing and implementing the Legal Services strategy;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of legal and governance policies, systems and procedures, in line with the corporate strategy to ensure the achievement of Office mandate;
- Plan and coordinate the functions of the legal Services Directorate to ensure the achievement of the Directorate’s strategic objective;
- Plan, develop, implement, and monitor the budget for the Legal Services Directorate to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the management of the Office financial resources;
- Provide legal counsel to the Office and ensure compliance with all statutory requirements to ensure the Office is protected from litigation and costs associated with non – compliance;
- Lead the drafting and reviewing of contracts, agreements and leases in which the Office is involved;
- Ensure safe custody of the of the office legal documents, for instance minutes and assist in the preparation of OAG Leadership and Strategy Committee papers, company seals etc to protect the documents from access by unauthorized persons, and for fast retrieval for decision making purposes;
- Ensure adequate preparation and representation of the Office in litigation cases;
- Represent the Office in court and adduce evidence in all cases where the Office may be involved in.
- Coach and mentor staff in the Directorate and make recommendations for appropriate trainings;
- Appraise the staff within the Directorate as per the laid down guidelines.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Bachelor of Law (LL. B) degree from a recognized university;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education;
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Be a member of good standing of the Law Society of Kenya;
- Be in possession of a current practising license;
- Senior Leadership Development Programme from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- At least 15 years relevant experience five (5) of which must have been at the level of Deputy Director or its equivalent position preferably in the Public Sector
How To Apply
- All applications must be emailed to email@example.com
- Applicants must attach the following documents:
- Application Form clearly indicating the post applied for, full name of the applicant, National ID Card No, Telephone Number and email address.
- Academic and professional certificates
- Other relevant testimonials
- Clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board where applicable
Applications should reach the Office on or before 25 May 2021
It is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job applications. The Office shall take appropriate action on any applicant who shall be found to have presented false information and/ or documents.
The Office of the Auditor-General is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to have diversity in the workforce in line with the Constitution. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification