Senior Principal HR Development Officer Job, Current HR Jobs,
For appointment to this grade, nn officer must have: –
- Served in the grade of Principal Human Resource Development Officer DPI* 7 or In a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service/ Private sector for n minimum period of two (a) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management/Development, Education or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution:
- Postgraduate qualification in Human Resource Management/Development, Education or other equivalent qualification from recognized Institutions;
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management/Devulopuwnt, Education. Public Administration or other equivalent qualification from recognized institutions;
- Demonstrated n high degree of professional and administrative competence;
- Thorough understanding of the existing and emerging Human Resource Development practlces/technlques;
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of National and ODPP g<«lx, policies and development objectives; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability a reflected in work performance and results,
- Registered as a Professional Member with the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) with a valid practicing license.
NOTE: roKsewion of u Senior Msnagement Course lasting not less than four (fl) weeks (nun a recugnued institution “in be an added advantage.
Skills / Competences
In addilMw to the above requirements an officer must haw the foffowfaxskills: –
- Thorough understanding erf the existing and emerging human Resource
- Development practiccs/techniqucs;
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of national and Office erf the Director of Public Prowutions gaols, policies and development objectives;
- Policy formulation mid implementation skills;
- Budgeting skills;
- Resource management skills;
- ICT skill*;
- Evaluation skills;
- Ke port writing skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Interpersonal mid Communicationskills.
- Problem soteing skill*; and
- Kegnlfatkin skills.
TII addition to the above requirements an officer must luivc the following qualities; •
- Ability lo work under pressure
- Ability to build and lead cohesive teams
- Persuasive Skills
- Conflict resolution
- Strew Management
- Result Oriented
- Emotional Intelligence
- Meets the requirement of chapter six of (ho constitution 2010; Integrity, Leadership, Honesty, Accountability, Dis«ipline in th- service to people.
An officer at tins level will be responsible to lhe Assistant Director Human Resource Development for assigned Human Resource development function.
Specifically, dul wg and rwqxuwibtljties will entail; –
- Implement the human resource development strategy to ensure ODPP has skilled and competent stuff at all levels to enhance performance.
- Provide profewdonal WIVK* cm human rewuree dewkipriwnt jxJxirj, guidelines and procedures on curriculum, training needs assessment, capacity building, talent development ami manwnxnt to ensure compliance.
- Participilc in the development of the prosecutors’ curriculum to ensure appropriate selection and organization of lenrning experiences, selection of study mailer and other activities in order Io achieve goals ami objectives of lenrning that will enhance prosecutorial service deliver)-.
- implementation of the ODPF trim ms and development policies and procedures to enhance delivery of service that is aligned to Constitutional requirements
- Monitor lhe effectiveness of huniun resource development policies. guidelines, procedures, nnd standards tr> inform timely review for continuous provision of the prosecution services
- Implement Lhe divisional budget, to ensure sufficient allocation of resources for the division strategy to he implemented efficiently along quality standards and timelines
- Implement the divisional strategic work plan to ensure ths activities of the division arc aligned with the ODPI’ overall strategic objectives.
- Mentor and coach staff in the division to enhance organizaliona] perfonmiiKV and for succession management
- Undertake Training Needs Assvasmcnt to identify performance gap> in the entire ODPP to ensure relevant training programmes are developed.
- Prepare report.* on the effectiveness of the human resource development policies and procedures and identify ysups tor review.
- Implement training projections and programmes in order to ensure relevance, objectivity’ and need driven training in the ODPP and romplMnce with the training policies and procedures
- Implement the bonding of ofQccn pioceedinjc for studies >>«>th locally and Internationally nnd collection <if th© training levy as stipulated in pivvrnmcut regulations and guidelines in order to ensure compliance and return on investment.
- Monitor utilization Of the training vote to ensure prudent tiianu&etneni of resources.
- Prepare Parliamentary Budget Reports and Bnefs on utilimlinn of Training and Development funds Io exhibit the relevance of the Training Programmer implemented for accountability purposes.
- Ranurch on Human resource development practical in order to inform decision on capacity building matters. Operational.
- Implement decisions and guidelines of the Human Resource Advisory Committee to ensure timelines und quality standards are met.
- Monitor and Evaluate training nctivit H-H to ensure value for money allocated Io ODPP staff development.
- Analyze training reports and share with management far informed decision making.
- Supervise the preparation and custody of a comprehensive skills inventory for tire ODPP for reference on key decision making by the management and stnff.
- Monitor the implementation of training budget to ensure prudent utilization of funds for the identified training programmes
- implement the approved prioritized training projection* to enhance capacity* building in the entire ODPP
- Monitor training and development activities in the ODPP to ensure they are aligned Io training projections.
- Participate in ihe recruitment and placement of pupils und interna to ensure they arc properly exposed to the work environment in compliance with government regulations.
- Implement the ODPP procurement plan on stnff training and ctewkipnwnt.
- 0rganue and implement ihe induction «T newly recruited staff and othcT I raining und development programs to ensure the programmes meet set timelines and achieve the set objectives.
- $upcrvisc staff working under him/her to enhance performwncc.
- Secretariat Io the Human Resource Advisory Committee and other committees on Human Resource Development functions.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates nrc invited to make their applications by completing ONE Mt>t>lii-xti<>n form ODPP i. Tlx- form may I*- .tawntaoded from the ODPPs Wehsne www.odpp.go.ke or picked from Nairobi Headquarters and County Offices.
The candidates should attach COPIES of the following documenta tn tlveir sppUcttian form:
National Identity Ord
Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts
Any supporting documents and testimonials
Letter of appointment to their current substantive |»ost
Letter of appointment to their previous past and
Detailed Curriculum Vilac
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ALL shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificate*. Original transcripts and testimonials, letters of appointment to their current substantive post and previous post and detailed curriculum vitae during the interviews.
In addition, uil candidates who are not ODl’P staff shall be requited to attach COPIES of the following valid clearance certificates to the application:
- Law Society of Kenya for lawyer*
- Higher Education Loans Board
Kenya Revenue Authority
Directorate of Criminal Investigation
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Any other Professional bodies to which the candidate k n member
ALL shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of the document* during Interviews.
Completed application form.’ should be aent to:
Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
ODPP Building, Rngntl Rond, Upper Hill
P.O. Box 30701 – 00100
So as to reach the Office of the Director of Public Frosccutionb on or before 2nd June, 2021.