The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Determining the chemical characteristics, physical properties and composition of a variety of assigned samples
Tasks and Outputs:
- Perform chemical analyses and physical testing requiring the application of established procedures and analytical instrumentation.
- Select techniques and methods to suit the unique requirements of samples and ensure the accuracy and validity of results.
- Prepare samples, solutions, reagents and standards; care and check performance of laboratory equipment and apparatus; and collect samples for analysis.
- Adhere to quality assurance and safety procedures to ensure the validity of test results and safety of the work environment.
- Perform calculations, prepare reports and maintain records of test results; and give testimony regarding samples analysed, test methods and results.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or equivalent qualifications.
Minimum years of experience
- One year’s experience in laboratory testing
Competencies required for this Role:
- Ability to plan and schedule own work.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Have computer operation and application skills.
- Good research skills.
- Good numeracy and data analytical skills.
- Attentive to detail/ good recording of data.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work collaboratively with others.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of organic, inorganic, analytical and physical chemistry.
- Ability to learn and observe health and safety precautions; perceive colour; read laboratory instruments; and handle delicate instruments, glassware and laboratory equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationship with others.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th June, 2021