Job Title: Business Development Manager
Work Experience: 8+ years of experience in sales of oil and gas industry.
Industry Experience: Prior Oil and Gas industry experience, particularly in petroleum and gas is essential
Job Purpose: The Business Development Manager is a sales position principally responsible for achieving large sales target by generating new sales and growing the company’s share of its portfolio through Enterprise accounts within the key market segments.
The primary objective is to build and establish strong and lasting relationships at executive level within these specific segments and expand the reference into other segments to generate incremental revenue.
The Business Development Manager is expected to uncover and close opportunities in the East, West and Central Africa Regions.
1. Provides input into the corporate strategy planning process, coordinates the execution of agreed and approved strategies
2. Works collaboratively with the management team around the strategic development of the company’s current and prospective LPG businesses
3. Conducts market research and analysis of market performance of company products and identifies new markets for the LPG products.
4. Monitors and controls expenditure within the agreed budget for the LPG Business
5. Communicates and represents the organization to existing and potential customers, the public, government and contacts
6. Tracks LPG competitor activities and develops appropriate strategies to protect and enhance company’s market share
7. Develops and maintains network with relevant business communities, interest groups and public agencies; towards identifying LPG opportunities for the company
8. Responsible for the management and development of all sales activities and potential clients in the market.
9. Direct team and provide leadership towards achieving maximum profitability and growth in line with the company values and mission
10. Establish plans and expansion strategies to the customer base in the marketing and sales area and will direct the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer
11. Directly originate project sales in designated region(s) in East, West and Central Africa based in Kenya. including responding to RFP’s, executing business development campaigns in targeted
market segments, implementing contact plans with customers, developing and drafting project proposals, interfacing with multiple stakeholders to analyze available data.
12. Identify and develop collaborative relationships with all energy players operating in the region
13. Develop in-depth knowledge of, and become expert in, target regions and markets, including regulatory incentives, and co- working opportunities; Identify and implement marketing initiatives and personal/professional outreach in the energy markets, including developing origination materials, presenting to industry and customer constituencies, and identifying key marketing strategies and competitive differentiators.
14. Responsible for project origination across the Business Units through the identification and packaging of different market-specific value propositions.
15. Build strong relationships with project financiers.
16. Oversee the preparation of quotes for various projects, performing cost analysis and comparison with competitor prices.
17. Manage client relationships and ensure that their needs and requirements are met
Qualifications & Requirements
1. 8+ years of experience in sales of oil and gas industry,
2. Minimum 3 years must be in management position
3. Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Social Sciences or other relevant discipline. Technical Degree is an added advantage (Mechanical or Industrial
4. MBA or relevant Management Master’s degree
5. Added advantage – Work experience in East Africa or another emerging market
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills
7. Fluent in both English and Swahili preferred
Key Skills and Competencies
- Develops creative promotional materials
- Business Strategy development /implementation
- Project management and delivery
- Aptitude for organizational detail
- Client management / good relations
- Business and market intelligence
- Industry/market and product knowledge
- Presentation and Communication
- People development and management
- Negotiation and Persuasion
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 30th April 2021.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted