Head of Projects & Performance Management Job, Other Professions,
This role is responsible for the coordinated management of multiple and/ or related projects. This role is tasked with setting up and managing programmes to support and align to the organisation’s strategic goals and long-term goals. The role incumbent may run a Programme Office and will work closely with project managers. A key component of this role is strategic stakeholder management, both internal and external to the organisation.
Project Conceptualisation and Scoping
- Undertake strategic engagements with key stakeholders (sponsor/ business owners) to understand the business strategy, objectives and problem statement(s) driving the potential program/ projects that needs to be undertaken
- Based on the conceptual solution, undertake preliminary high level program scoping
Change request & Change control
• Manage scope and an integrated change control process by undertaking the following:
- Manage scope creep of the program within the wider context of ensuring that benefits are delivered.
- Intervene and negotiate high level decisions with sponsor where projects/ programs deviate out of tolerance from plan in terms of timeline, costs/business case. o Oversight and guidance of all supporting projects on how changes will impact the overall programme
- Project planning, integration
- and dependency management
- • Lead and facilitate the overall program planning process and create an integrated programme plan including: o systemic and innovative integration of plans (project and program) to reach business objective o sequencing and prioritising
Key Result Area
- identify the programme level critical path o undertake resource levelling and constraints management. o determine the skills requirements for the projects/ programme
- scope and build the program resource plans o Quick wins and high impact strategic leverage points
- Drive program dependency planning (both internal and external) and actively manage dependencies, especially on the critical path adjusting plans as required.
- Undertake ongoing articulation, testing/ validation key program assumptions. Lead the change/ adjust scope if needed.
- Monitor and track against project/ program plans with project managers over program life cycle
- Monitor and track programme level tasks/ activities through the life of the programme o Drive and be overall accountable for quality delivery across all projects within the program
- Determine the approach to achieving quality including quality standards, controls and governances, processes and measures and build these into the project plan.
- Execute on quality components through duration of the project. Correct and/or escalate non-compliance to quality components timeously.
Risk, Opportunity & Issue
- Understand the organisation/ business unit’s risk appetite and align planning decisions, solutions and mitigations to this.
- Evaluate and manage the accumulative and systemic effect of risks across all projects within the program by engaging in both a bottom up and top down risk identification process.
- Manage programme risks or issues at a strategic level
- Undertake effective opportunity management on the program by identifying, understanding and exploiting opportunities that arise which can save costs, realise efficiencies or benefits
- Develop and execute an overarching programme stakeholder engagement and communication plan which a strong focus on driving the following; o Facilitating a guiding coalition of engagement and consensus building
- Getting alignment and co-operation across the business (functional and hierarchical) for program implementation o Resolving strategic and impactful conflicts or commitment breakdowns to clear the way for program progression.
- Navigate and influence politically and organizationally sensitive decisions with key stakeholders
- Provide thought leadership for pragmatic program execution
- Develop and define governance structures ensuring compliance with the enterprise governance requirements and ensure adherence to all governance structures and approval protocols for programme decisions
- Work closely with the Change Manager to drive the execution of the change management plan for the programme.
- Align the business change and integration within the context of what is happing within broader organisation. o Guide the organisational readiness and business impact for timely change. Communicate and create strategic
- context for the business. Understand what level of change management is needed
- Undertake the role of ‘leading the change’ within the program and with business owners/sponsor
- Bachelors Degree (B): Project Management (Required)
- Closing Date: 2 July 2021
How to Apply