Aga Khan University Hospitals in Karachi, Pakistan and Nairobi, Kenya are private, not-for-profit institutions providing high quality health care. The Main Hospitals serve as the principal sites for clinical training for the University’s Medical Colleges and Schools of Nursing and Midwifery in Pakistan and East Africa. Our Vision of Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is to be the premier, tertiary, teaching and referral health care facility in sub-Saharan Africa. For over fifty years, Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUH) has been taking care of families in East Africa. As a private, not-for-profit hospital, we strive to provide access to quality healthcare to all who need it. At AKUH, patients are our first priority. Our team of medical professionals, faculty and staff are here to provide you and your loved ones with the highest standards of healthcare. We are committed to working together to ensure that you and your family receive outstanding medical services, first-rate facilities and compassionate care.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Occupational Safety and Health Manager.
- Ensure complete pre-op assessment including the surgical checklist, nursing documentation and physician’s assessment
- Receive the patient prior to surgery, gets report from the accompanying nurse and performs pre-op checklist.
- Circulate and assist as needed for minor surgeries under supervision
- Ensure effective recovery of stable patients post any form of anaesthesia.
- Assists with intubation and extubation of patient in the Post Anaesthesia Care Unit (PACU) and if required in the Operating Room (OR)
- Communicate with anaesthetist and primary teams regarding patient issues and shifting plans.
- Promptly report both clinical and non-clinical unusual findings to the nurse manager or designee
- Identify patient and family learning needs and initiate appropriate teaching
- Perform pain assessment and initiate analgesia as required
- Ensure that nursing documentation is timely, comprehensive and complete
- Ensure all specimens are properly labelled and delivered to the lab in a timely manner
- Provide safe environment for patients through adherence to infection control practices and other safety policies
- Be able to recognize a patient in a pre-arrest or arrest states and initiate Basic Life Support
- Dispose of clinical and non-clinical waste safely in accordance with Aga Khan University Hospital guidelines on waste management
- Administer medication safely, monitor patient responses to medication and promptly report adverse reactions
- Care of equipment through cleaning, storage, per shift check of the inventory and timely reporting and follow up on non-functional equipment to the nurse manger designee.
- Participate in unit based nursing education, quality improvement (QI) projects, audits, spot checks and skill checks
- RN from a recognized school of nursing or university
- Current licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Demonstrate evidence based knowledge of current practices in theater nursing.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14th July, 2021