Established in 1964, Cannon Assurance Limited (CAL) developed deep roots in the community based on its heritage and was known to build long lasting client relationships that survived from one generation to the next.
The Asset Management Business (Metropolitan Cannon Asset Managers) is seeking to fill the below listed position with a dynamic, forward thinking achiever with expertise in the Fund Management field. If the position described below fits your skills and ambitions, we will be excited to hear from you.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer – The Operations Analyst will support multiple facets of the investment
processes including administration and maintenance of funds in the Investment Management System, pricing of funds and portfolio performance evaluation.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurate and timely pricing of unit trust funds on the investment management system.
- Create and verify client performance files.
- Timely resolution of trade settlement issue for all portfolios
- Maintain portfolio accounting and trading systems and interface with all areas of the firm.
- Continuously review the portfolio performance and make recommendations on needed improvements
- Perform periodical portfolio evaluations and prepare related reports
- Update and monitor the Investment management system for correctness of investment data
- Perform timely and accurate electronic reconciliation of systems to custodial records
- Prepare monthly and other adhoc portfio reports and provide a business analysis of the same
- Resolve trade settlement issues in a timely manner.
- Identify workflow/system improvements and work with line manager to enact change.
- Deliver on service level agreements and assist in the general oversight and management of client strategies
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- Professional qualification in ICIFA, CPA/ ACCA
- Over 5 years’ experience in Investment operations preferably in Fund management setup
- Fund accounting or pricing experience is an added advantage
- Good understanding of Fund investment and operations principles and practices in Kenya
- Required skills and Competencies
- Strong analytical and detailed-oriented aptitude with a high degree of accuracy
- Good in relationship building
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 30 September. 2021