We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision. Courtesy, consideration and unreserved respect towards our patients’ privacy, dignity and confidentiality has time and again helped us earn their trust and goodwill. Our dedicated nursing staff provides professional care within a friendly and comfortable environment, ensuring that being in hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for our patients and their families. We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision.
Reporting to the Unit Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for carrying out eye–related clinical tasks in consultation with the ophthalmologist in line with established protocols and the Hospital’s objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect patient information as requested by the ophthalmologist including medical histories and eye measurements.
- Explain procedures, treatments and diagnoses to patients and carry out tests on patient’s eye pressure, pupil reactions, scope of vision, colour vision and muscle movement.
- Assist the Ophthalmologist to prepare the surgical room and equipment and to observe the patient.
- Clean and maintain sensitive ophthalmologic equipment and the exam rooms in line with established guidelines.
- Obtain patient medical histories and coordinate patient scheduling.
- Train and provide work guidance to allied ophthalmic personnel.
- Carry out office administrative duties.
- Provide assistance in eye surgeries, set up and maintain the related equipment.
- Perform diagnostic testing, including measuring a patient’s vision.
- Provide assistance in ECG tests in the executive clinic – VIPs; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher Diploma in Ophthalmology from a recognized institution.
- Must be a Registered Ophthalmology Technologist in Kenya and hold a valid practicing licence.
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Knowledge of ophthalmic pharmacology and the use of corrective lenses
- Basic life support skills
- Drive and openness to learning
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Decision making and judgement skills
- Analytical skills
- Patient care skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Communication skills
Submit your CV quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials, full contact details of 3 referees and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 8 December. 2021