Job Title: Production Manager – Paper Packaging
Gross Salary: 400k – 420k
Reporting Line: Chief Executive Officer.
Our client is a leading paper packaging manufacturer in Kenya and the East Africa region.
They seek to hire a Production Manager to ensure an efficient and productive manufacturing process that meets customer requirements.
- Manage and evaluate Machine resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product quality.
- Ensure customer orders are completed on time and that quality standards and targets are met.
- Take all necessary actions to manage production costs and improve profitability·
- Responsible for OTIF (On time in full production).
- Maintain production control records and provide information to sales representatives, customer service and management with regard to delivery dates, schedules and operational challenges.
- Schedule, plan and conduct Production Meetings
- Initiate disciplinary measures as per company disciplinary policy and make recommendations to HR Manager for further action where need be.
- Coordinate and manage all inventory supplied from warehouse to production to ensure minimum waste and spoilage.
- Liaising and organizing with engineering department the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment’s.
- Analyze production reports and advise the CEO accordingly.
- Oversee workforce of 250+ employees on the shop floor.
- Participate in shop floor staff recruitment, trainings and coaching.
- Enforcement of OSHA Regulations and recommendations
- Develop, Implement, Monitor and Evaluate KPI’s and measurement for shop floor team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 15years of experience as a Production Manager
- 10 years Experience in similar role in manufacturing preferably in Paper Converting Company or printing & packaging.
- Proven experience as a production manager with deep knowledge of production management.
- Proven track record of having successfully trained employees in productivity and safety
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Ability to coach and mentor and motivate shop floor employees
- Aged between 37 & 45yrs.
NB: Male candidates are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; kindly send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Production Manager – Paper Packaging) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9th June 2021