Job Title: Pastry Chef – Kitui
Gross Salary: 20k – 25k
Our client is a 3-star hotel in Kitui.
They seek to hire an experienced Pastry Chef.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods following traditional and modern recipes.
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc.
- Understand visitors’ preferences and make suggestions based on findings.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Check the quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health & safety standards.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew restaurant menus and engage the interest of customers.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and report malfunctions.
- Relieve Hot Kitchen chef when need arises.
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Food & Beverage Production or a related field of study
- At least 2 years’ experience in a busy pastry and bakery kitchen.
- Good knowledge of hygiene and sanitization regulations.
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; kindly send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Pastry Chef -Kitui) to HR@gea.co.ke before
7th June 2021.