Renal Nurse Job, Nursing Kenyan Jobs 2021,
Our client a renal clinic is seeking to engage the services of a Renal Nurse to join their clinic in Kilifi.
- Oversees the preparation of the delivery system, dialysate bath, and dialyzer and confirms that all mandatory alarm tests on the dialyzer and equipment are performed.
- Reviews physician orders for dialysis patients, collects pre-treatment dialysis data, and reviews patient records prior to dialysis.
- Conducts pre-dialysis patient assessment including obtaining patient vital signs and assessing the patient’ s vascular access, laboratory findings, and the patient’ s general health.
- Verifies that patients are taking all prescribed medications and performs medication reconciliation.
- Documents findings of patient assessments and interventions and advises providers of any significant change in the patient’s condition and other pertinent information.
- Discusses patient concerns and answers questions relevant to care.
- Oversees the performance of dialysis from start to finish, monitors patient reaction to treatment and performance of the dialysis machines, and demonstrates an in-depth understanding of the mechanics of dialysis.
- Assesses, prepares, and cannulates a patient’ s vascular access (including needle insertion in arteriovenous fistula or grafts for aseptic connection with dialysis equipment).
- Utilizes sterile techniques to assess the dialysis catheter exit site and to apply dressing on the patient’ s vascular access (dialysis catheter, arteriovenous access) per protocols.
- Reviews patient’ s electronic/paper records for orders as appropriate and administers dialysis related intra-venous and/or oral medications as prescribed and/or per protocol.
- Conducts post dialysis assessment and patient discharge by evaluating treatment, documenting medication administration utilizing the appropriate protocols, assessing condition of vascular access, discharging the patient when vital signs are stable, and documenting and recording patient treatment data.
- Provides patient education/teaching applicable to the patient’ s medical condition.
- Refers patient to other disciplines or services as needed (nutrition, social work, etc).
- Oversees disassembly and disinfection of dialysis equipment.
- Performs surveillance and testing of dialysis water treatment equipment and dialysis water (such as chlorine, hardness, conductivity, water cultures) to ensure that these machines are operating within the parameters set in the facility’s written protocols.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of dialysis laboratory tests and dialysis medications.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of infection control and prevention of transmission of blood borne pathogens.
- Responds appropriately and provides assistance in emergency situations.
- Provides leadership in improving patient care, maintaining standards of care, directing and teaching personnel in a variety of settings, and providing charge nurse responsibilities as needed.
- Maintains responsibility for providing coverage to the dialysis department
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing and licensed to practice as a registered nurse in Kenya.
- Minimum of 3-year nursing experience.
- Minimum Requirements Diploma in Nursing
- Must have a minimum diploma in nephrology
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements above to send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8TH October 2021 Clearly Indicate ‘Renal Nurse- ’ on the subject of the email indicating also the preferred work station.