SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, non-governmental international development organization which has been working to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children since 1949.
Proposed Assignment: SOS Medical Centre Nairobi seeks to engage competent Locum Pharmaceutical Technologist.
The person is responsible for making sure that all required drugs are available and issued in the correct doses / courses to the patients.
- Work with the medical Centre team to ensure provision of effective, efficient, quality services at the SOS medical Centre pharmacy.
- Dispense the correct medication to the patients.
- Dispensing of CCC ART regimens
- Use of Web ARV Dispensing Tool (ADT)
- Balance the bin cards to ensure that the stock levels are adhered to.
- Implement and ensure safe storage procedures for the drugs are followed to the letter.
Scope and Methods of the Work;
- Work with the medical Centre staff team to ensure maintenance of high standards of hygiene and general cleanliness in the pharmacy.
- Work with the medical Centre staff team to observe and comply with environmental and occupational safety measures and regulations.
- Participate in implementation of quality control and quality assurance program with the medical Centre staff team.
- A Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology
- A Valid practising licence Registred by Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- 2 years Experience from completion of internship
- Working in CCC clinic will be an added advantage
Child protection clause:
The pharmaceutical technologist undertakes to abide by the SOS Children’s villages Kenya child protection policy, which is a statement of SOS children’s’ village Kenya commitment to preventing
abuse and protecting children and young people with whom he/she comes into contact. This extends not only to children with whom its caregivers work directly, but also includes children whom staffs is responsible for.
Proposals should be submitted by email to
clearly indicating “Application for Locum pharmaceutical technologist” on the subject line to be received
Closing Date : 20th May, 2021