We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
Jumuia Hospitals Ltd. a chain of hospitals providing both primary and secondary health care services and a subsidiary of the National Council of Churches of Kenya.
Jumuia Hospital (Kaimosi) is seeking to fill the position of a pharmaceutical technician immediately. Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Vihiga Kenya. The position holder will report to the Hospital Administrator.
- Receive, verify prescriptions and dispense drugs in a timely manner within approved standards and procedures.
- Document errors and communicate them to the nursing and pharmacy staff
- Verify expiry dates of drugs prior to dispensing medication to patients/customers.
- Check that every label placed on the medications contains the correct patient name, drug, quantity and directions.
- Counsel patients on drug administration
- Receive, return and update drug credits on the system in a timely manner.
- Deliver drug discharges to patients in the ward where applicable
- Communicate out of stock and non-stock effectively and timely to prescriber and nurse and provide alternative choice or make arrangements to order promptly.
- Comply and observe the environmental health and safety measures and regulations by proper handling, storage and dispensation of medications
- Record, monitor and update the expiry list of medications in timely manner.
- Conduct Floor inspections once a month for all ward stock, solutions and patient medication left behind
- Complete documentation of Interventions, Medication errors and Near Miss, Adverse events, Medication queries, Patient complaints or any other incidents and forward to relevant office
- Perform random medication checks daily and monitor variance levels in your respective satellites.
- Maintain and update personal drug knowledge data base to ensure accurate provision of pharmaceutical care of general disease states as well as specialized knowledge in the assigned area of expertise
- Complete any other duties as may be assigned by the department supervisor or manager.
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution
- Registered with The Kenya Pharmaceutical Association
- Practicing License from the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Computer literate
- More than 4 years’ experience
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 24 November. 2021