Delegation of the European Union to Kenya
Job Vacancy: Political, Press and Information Assistant
We offer a post of Assistant (male/female).
In this role, the person recruited under the supervision of the Head of Political, Press and Information section will perform duties depending on the needs of the Delegation.
1. THE EUROPEAN UNION
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political union of 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organizations.
Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic missions, also known as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to that of an embassy.
We offer a post of Assistant (male/female). In this role, the person recruited under the supervision of the Head of Political, Press and Information section will perform duties depending on the needs of the Delegation. After recruitment, the chosen candidate will occupy a specific Local Agent job as Category 2, for a job description that can evolve according to the needs, for the following:
Follow & analyse political developments in Kenya, preparing political background briefings and reports on EU working group meetings, as well as meetings with representatives of the Government of Kenya and Kenyan stakeholders. Prepare the logistics for EU and other working group meetings.
- Follow and analyse political developments in Kenya and the region.
- Prepare political background briefings, and report on EU working group meetings, as well as meetings with representatives of the Government of Kenya and Kenyan stakeholders.
- Prepare the logistics for EU and other working group meetings.
- Carry out tasks relating to the administration of the Political and Press Section and the Delegation.
- Prepare and forward relevant information to EEAS and Commission headquarters, EU institutions and Delegation staff.
- Contribute to the organisation of visits by EU representatives to Kenya;
- Contribute to the organisation of cultural and public diplomacy events organised by the Delegation.
- Assist the Head of the Political and Press Section Delegation.
The workplace is Nairobi.
We offer a competitive position in a multicultural environment.
Full time of 37.5 hours per week (under flexible time regime), and remunerated according to a salary table in shillings.
Including a supplementary pension scheme and medical insurance, offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
3. DIPLOMA AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The candidate must submit:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (or equivalent in European education systems of 12 years of schooling).
- Professional experience: at least three years in performing the above mentioned tasks.
- Experience in embassy, international organization or multinational company will be an advantage.
4. LANGUAGE QUALIFICATIONS
- English – Proficient user (level C2 ).
- Independent user of Kiswahili or of another European language are an advantage (level B1).
5. COMPUTER SKILLS
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office™ (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of logistic of preparation of events.
- Knowledge of basic regulatory principles of public tendering.
7. PERSONAL SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Integrity, reliability, and trustworthiness are essential qualities.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Candidates need to have a proven track record of sustained performance in a demanding working environment.
- The candidate needs to have an open and flexible personality, be a team player and show a good sense of self-reliance and initiative.
- Know how to work as a team and share knowledge.
- Sense of service and responsibility
Please CLICK HERE to access full details and application instructions.
Deadline for applications is 24th May 2021, 4.00PM