Caritas is the Socio-Economic Development Commission of the Diocese of Machakos. It is one of the commissions/departments in the Bishop’s Office. The term Caritas is a Latin word meaning Love of God for Humanity. It expresses Charity, compassion, Cooperation and Peace among God’s people. The exercise of charity (Caritas) in the church is as old as the church itself (Ref. Acts 6:2-3). Caritas draws its inspiration from the Holy Scriptures and the Social Teachings of the Church. In Machakos Diocese, Caritas is the department which facilitates resources mobilization and implementation of community development and relief projects.
Reporting to the Procurement and Administration Manager, the successful candidate will provide procurement and administrative services effectively and efficiently deliver cost effective and quality services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supporting the procurement process through application of established bank systems (policies, processes, and tools) in selecting suppliers and to get quality products at optimal cost and on time.
- Ensure effective Procurement Processes and Governance.
- Work with third parties to ensure maintenance of facilities and liaise with all managers to identify and address any issues/concerns.
- Ensuring proper management of the security systems in both branches and head office
- Support the head of procurement in developing an approved supplier data base.
- Support the procurement manager in the tender process to deliver quality goods and services at optimal cost and on time.
- Provide support and work with cross-functional teams to ensure acquisition, building and maintenance of premises.
- Ensuring proper management of Caritas MFB transport for both short and long-distance trips for Board and staff.
- Ensuring proper premises outlook in line with the brand.
- Ensure internal customer satisfaction through management of SLAs.
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance through regular audits and training.
- Compiling of documentation, issuing of LPOs, and receiving supplies.
- Prepare Reports on performance on assigned categories versus procurements versus the plan and Monthly procurement reports.
- Maintaining list of prequalified suppliers.
- Ensure timely payments to our suppliers as per our Caritas MFB procurement policy.
- To perform any other duty as assigned in line with the organization goals and objective.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- University degree preferably in Logistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or Purchasing
- Qualified Member of the Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- 3-4 years working experience with at least 3 in procurement and Administration
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14 July. 2021