Tearfund is a Christian charity called to follow Jesus wherever the need is greatest We work tirelessly to help communities around the world escape the very worst effects of poverty and disaster. And we believe that the same people facing these troubles, also have the best idea as to how they can overcome them. Tearfund listens: helping people to rise out of their poverty, utilising their resourcefulness and determination. Tearfund works alongside local churches and other locally-based organisations to help realise these plans for a better future. Before, you knew us for our droughts, our poverty. But now the poor are transforming this country, and poverty shall no longer be our name. Meseret Kumsa, a Tearfund self-help group member, Ethiopia Tearfund are signatories to the Red Cross Code of Conduct and are certified against the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership Standard.
Job Category: Programme Management
- An exciting role of Programme Funding Manager has arisen in our African regional teams to be based in Nairobi. This role will support countries in Southern, Eastern and Central Africa.
- The Programme Funding Team exists within Tearfund as the centre of specialised expertise and skills on the acquisition of Institutional Funding.
- The PFM will be responsible for creating and building up networks and consortia with a wide range of parties (including other INGO’s, UN, research groups and the private sector), maintaining relationships with key donors in the region, supporting countries in writing innovative and inspiring proposals as well as continue to build capacity of Tearfund staff and partners in country.
- Tearfund is increasingly involving research institutes and private sector in it’s proposals as consortium partners, and any experience in this area will be a benefit. Tearfund works both with humanitarian and development donors, and has a strong focus on working with partners.
Applicants must have:
- Experience within the Relief AND Development Sector.
- Excellent proposal-writing skills and experience.
- You are a natural networker, making contacts easily and spotting opportunities before others.
- Experience of training and capacity building; undertaking needs assessment; project design, development and reporting.
- A proven ability in securing funding and managing relationships with major institutional donors (such as USAID, DFID, or the European Commission).
- Excellent English language skills are required, and French language skills are desirable.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 September. 2021