Programme Officer Job, Latest Legal Jobs Kenya 2021,
The National Cohesion and Integration Commission was established to facilitate and promote equality of opportunity, good relations, harmony and peaceful co-existence between persons of different ethnic and racial communities of Kenya and to advise the Government on all aspects thereof.
The Commission intends to recruit highly professional self-driven individuals to fill the following vacant positions:
PROGRAMME OFFICER, INVESTIGATIONS & COMPLIANCE, JOB GRADE NCIC 6 – ONE (1) POST
Overall job summary
The position is responsible for supporting coordination and management of the Investigations and Compliance function.
- Receiving and compiling complaints with respect to ethnic or racial discrimination;
- Transcribing complains into audio or video clips;
- Identifying, flagging out and compiling hate speeches, messages and posts from different social media platforms;
- Collecting information on inventory of forensic systems;
- Taking part in carrying out surveillance in respect to racial discrimination;
- Taking part in collecting information and developing proposals for conducting surveillance and adults;
- Taking part in investigating complaints and mapping out risks and areas of concern to peaceful co-existence, integration and cohesion and recommending mitigation measures;
- Taking part in organizing forums for stakeholder engagement;
- Collecting and compiling information on persons or institutions involved in actions or conduct amounting to violations of Human rights on the basis of ethnicity or race; and
- Making briefs in respect to ethnic or racial discrimination complaints received; and
- Collecting and compiling information on inventory and audit reports.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have;
- Bachelor’s degree Criminology, Computer Science, Data Communications, Public Administration, Law, Information Technology, Governance, Sociology, Audit or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in any of the following areas: Digital Forensics & Investigations, Security Information and Event Management, Database Security and Auditing, Computer Search & Seizure, Linux Administration, Network Intrusion & Detection, Networking Scripting, EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (ECIH) lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution.
Salary and allowance
Salary range : Ksh. 56,775 – 80,000
House allowance : Ksh. 28,000
Commuter allowance : Ksh. 10,000
Airtime allowance : Ksh. 1,500
Terms of service
The above positions are permanent and pensionable positions based on satisfactory completion of the six (6) months’ probation period
Applicants should present originals of the following documents during the interview if shortlisted:
- National Identity Card/Passport
- Academic and professional certificates and transcripts;
- Any other supporting documents and testimonials; and
- Valid and current clearances from the following bodies:
– Kenya Revenue Authority
– Higher Education Loans Board
– Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureaus
-Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
-Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance Certificate).
- Submit recommendations from a relevant professional body
How to Apply
- Applicants are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission’s recruitment portal accessible through https://recruitment.cohesion.or.ke.
- All applications should be submitted together with detailed curriculum vitae, a copy of ID/Passport, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents. The documents are to be uploaded in the portal.
All applications should be submitted on or before 25th November,2021 by 5.00 p.m. (East African Time