The Centre for the Study of Adolescence is an independent non-partisan, non-profit organization established in 1988 working in the field of adolescent sexual and reproductive health including HIV/AIDS. CSA’s mandate is to advocate and implement policies and programs that enable young people to exercise choice, access to services and participate fully in activities that promote their health and well-being.
Date of Commencement of Duty: Immediately
Duty Station: Nairobi (Kiambu)
Duration: One Year
Roles and responsibilities
The holder of this position will:
- Support the Finance department in effectively managing the project budget.
- Support the Finance department in accurately phasing the annual budget on quarterly and monthly basis based on the project work plan.
- Monitoring budget to actual expenditures, producing regular and special budget reports, performing various budget analyses, calculating budget adjustments caused by revised projections and advising team project manager and management appropriately.
- Coordinating the preparation and monitoring of budgets for the project as per both internal and external formats, on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Ensure accurate and timely input of financial data to ensure sound financial reporting and management.
- Reviewing and posting all field staff liquidations in Quick books
- Ensure all payment vouchers are well supported, approved invoices, LPOs, requisitions, quotations, and other supporting documents.
- Prompt response to and processing of financial queries from staff, suppliers and partners.
- In close coordination with field project staff maintains a system to monitor and forecast cash requirements to meet administrative and project expenditures.
- Establishes monthly cash requirements for the field staff and make a timely replenishment.
- Ensuring that the financial policies and procedures are complied with
- Maintain an organized and effective financial filing system for all Finance documents including vouchers.
- Manage the donor reporting timetable for the project/program and ensure reports are produced in a timely manner
- Support and advise partners in submitting their reports and accountabilities
- Checking of accountabilities submitted by staff against budget and query of any variances.
- Understand the donor rules and regulations and ensure all staff and volunteers are following and complying with donor and CSA rules for the grant.
- Support the finance manager to produce high quality monthly management reports, advising on any variances.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree or CPA-K holder.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of rules and regulations for non-profit organizations; knowledge of donor financial reporting and donor procurement procedures
- Adjusts to competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Financial and Information Technology Systems – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel particularly. Use of accounting software, Quick books
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Please submit an application letter with detailed current CV indicating 3 references. Two of whom should have been direct Supervisors. Applications should be sent to
(Human Resource and Admin Manager: copying
indicating the job title in the subject line of your email.
The Administrative Manager
Centre for the Study of Adolescence
Mbaazi Avenue, Off Kingara Road, Lavington
P.O. Box 19329-00202, Nairobi
Closing Date : 6th June, 2021