Based at the PSI Global Services Hub, Nairobi, Kenya
Digital Health and Monitoring Department
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI). For 50 years we’ve been striving to make it easier for people around the world to lead healthy lives and plan the families they desire by making quality health products, services and information more affordable and accessible. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the centre, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare. There are over 6,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do. For more information, please visit www.psi.org
The Digital Health and Monitoring Department is looking for a Digital Health Instructional Design Consultant with the skills and experience to support the design and delivery of PSI’s eLearning content. The Digital Health Instructional Design Consultant is responsible for designing and developing multi-pronged learning content that enhances the retention, transfer, and application of knowledge, skills, and attitudes of health workforce. The successful candidate will work closely with multiple global teams to create and maintain engaging mobile training content, activities, exercises and resources to ensure a consistent and exceptional experience for the learners and sustained adoption. This is in addition to keeping up with training and learning industry trends, best practices, new technologies, and emerging innovations that PSI can leverage for improved learning outcomes.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
The Digital Health Instructional Design consultant is required to develop 4 eLearning courses on PSI’s mobile app Health Network Quality Improvement System (HNQIS) which works in sync with DHIS2 targeted to HNQIS End-users, HNQIS Data-users, HNQIS System Admins, and HNQIS Program Managers. The courses need to be delivered in English and then translated to French by a third-party PSI already works with. The courses need to be developed in PSI’s eLearning platform Kiira which is Moodle-based. The Digital Health Instructional Design consultant will be handed over content of the 4 courses in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe by the Digital Health and Monitoring team and s/he is tasked with turning the content into 4 engaging eLearning courses that are fit for purpose to improve knowledge and skills of target audience. The 4 eLearning course target health workforce in 16 Impact Malaria’s countries and the courses are the same for all countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, D.R. Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Zambia).
Deliverables of this consultancy include:
- Designs eLearning courses on HNQIS for HNQIS End-users, HNQIS Data-users, HNQIS Program Manager, and HNQIS System Admin in an engaging way to improve target audience’s engagement with training materials. It’s desirable to structure eLearning courses as follows: pre-test, modules, training content supported by activities like quizzes, videos, practical activities, post-tests by module, final post-test, release of certificate of completion and accomplishment. Each eLearning course is complemented by reference materials (ie. job-aids, manuals, etc) provided by PSI
- Develop eLearning courses on PSI’s eLearning platform Kiira which is Moodle-based
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing of eLearning courses developed with a pool of target users and refine courses based on users’ feedback
- Upload final version of eLearning courses on in English and French on Kiira platform ready for use by target audience (translations of eLearning courses from English to French is provided by a third-party).
Upon successful delivery of the above, the Digital Health Instructional Design consultant might take on more work related to eLearning at PSI, namely:
- Designs and develops learning approaches, training materials and media including course outlines, storyboards, facilitator guides, participant guides, job aids and other content resources
- Converts existing curricula (manuals, videos, guides, etc) into engaging eLearning courses with innovative interactions, such as quizzes, gamification and scenario-based learning focusing on user experience
- Conducts training needs analysis to determine learning and performance needs and recommends methods for delivery such as instructor-led, eLearning, mobile learning (mLearning), blended learning or other considering the audience, program needs, and requirements
- Routinely reviews and modifies training curriculum, as appropriate, based upon quality, performance and satisfaction metrics to ensure accuracy, relevance, and effectiveness
- Develops learning assessments and training evaluations, analyses results to measure project success, makes recommendations and documents learnings
- Establishes training standards and ensures all material is consistent and aligned with learning and proven instructional design principles
- Monitors emerging technologies, training and development trends and standards and makes recommendations for adoption
- Works collaboratively with team members, including project managers, subject matter experts, multimedia specialists, eLearning developers and user acceptance testers
This is subject to evaluation of deliverables listed in this JD and funding.
Interested candidates are required to submit the following documentation:
- Individual profile with details regarding (years of experience, technical expertise, and previous relevant work)
- Statutory documents, namely PIN, ID and Tax compliance
- Financial proposal for carrying out the deliverables listed in this JD
- A minimum of two reference letters
What are we looking for?
- Degree in a related field such as human resources, education, instructional design, organizational psychology, business administration
- 2-3 years’ experience in training and development
- Knowledge and experience with eLearning and mLearning tools and platforms, including in-depth proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, or other video development tools is required
- Previous experience with Moodle or other Learning Management Software is required
- Excellent cross-cultural, interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of behaviour change with emotional intelligence
- Proficiency in French, Spanish, Portuguese or any other language
How to Apply
- All applicants MUST have work authorization for Kenya. PSI will not sponsor work permits
- Status: 6-month consultancy contract.
- This position is contingent upon funding.
- Interested applicants can submit their questions to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 31st, 2021. PSI will provide consolidated answers to questions by Nov 5th, 2021 and candidates should submit their requirements by Nov 12th, 2021 COB Nairobi time to email@example.com. Subject: Digital Health Instructional Design Consultant
- Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.